OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Son that is wheelchair bound, had a building put in his yard. There were some erosion issues with rain water runoff, so we told him we would put in retaining wall pavers, and create a rock garden with river rock.
Said he had a contractor that would install it for $400. Fine, we would pay for that as well.
Guy showed up with 5 buddies that couldn’t speak English. In an hour, they were done.
I went to inspect and was shocked at how poorly it had been installed. Told the contractor he had to fix that job right if he wanted to get paid.
Here is the job after another visit.

imagejpeg_0.jpeg
20240527_105029.jpeg

That’s still not acceptable, so fired the contractor did the work myself today and 9 hours later, done except for getting the rock. 1/8” deviation in height for a 30’ run.
I can’t stand shoddy work.

20240602_194726.jpeg
20240602_194752.jpeg
20240602_194824.jpeg

He has a privacy fence going up next week.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
moved 147 of them yesterday. Good for another 14.
Those larger windsor stones you made the wall from i would buy them by the pallet at Dolese rock plant.

I would open the double doors on the side of my Ford E150 and the fork truck could drive and place them right in the floor and I could close the doors.

Easy to load.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those larger windsor stones you made the wall from i would buy them by the pallet at Dolese rock plant.

I would open the double doors on the side of my Ford E150 and the fork truck could drive and place them right in the floor and I could close the doors.

Easy to load.
The first load was at Lowes. We don't have many shopping selections in Ponca. It was a pallet plus one paver according to my precise calculations that proved to be 14 short. (actually 13, but one never wants to but the unlucky number)
They put it on my 20' trailer with a fork lift as well.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pontoon boat project now has carpet on it and I ordered some 3" stainless fasteners etc. to install the railing.
Sure looks nice with carpet on it.

Covered many holes in the deck with aluminum siding coil.
I do not need 5 different drain holes or holes for wires for an electric trolling motor.

It came with 2 trolling motors. I will sell those off.
I like those about as much as I like a cell phone.
:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom