OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Near the beginning of the Grand Canyon National Park and the Colorado River's course is a place called Marble Canyon and the Navajo Bridges. Previously, the bridge to the left was the bridge for vehicular traffic, but they added the second bridge, which now is the traffic bridge. The old bridge is strictly for pedestrian traffic.

There is an area of booths constructed across the canyon where the Navajo ladies tend to gather and sell their jewelry and other items.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hump day! Looking forward to the cooler temps next week.
Made me go look! Does look a lot better than the last few weeks! Not as good as where I currently am, but nicer for my usual stomping grounds...here's a clue from today...
20240703_134120.jpg
20240703_192732.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made me go look! Does look a lot better than the last few weeks! Not as good as where I currently am, but nicer for my usual stomping grounds...here's a clue from today...
View attachment 491418View attachment 491419
Up North or in the mountains I'm guessing. We moved North to Minnesota. Day temps in the 70's.
I'd like to drift a dry fly in front of that brush pile.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning gang!
Happy Independence Day!!
Our kids and grandson are driving up from New Orleans today to spend the weekend with us at the lake. They will leave Sunday but we get to keep our grandson for three weeks. We are looking forward to having them this weekend and the grandson for a while.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm probably the slow one, but I have figured out the difference in teenagers/kids versus adults on vacation. Teenagers want to run and gun, doing "stuff" the whole time; adults (at least this one) are on vacation to NOT have to do stuff. I'm perfectly fine with sitting on edge of a lake/river with a pole, whether I'm catching fish or not.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm probably the slow one, but I have figured out the difference in teenagers/kids versus adults on vacation. Teenagers want to run and gun, doing "stuff" the whole time; adults (at least this one) are on vacation to NOT have to do stuff. I'm perfectly fine with sitting on edge of a lake/river with a pole, whether I'm catching fish or not.

Back many years ago (probably in the mid to late '70's), our family (with two young boys) went camping in a favored campground in Colorado. All week long, the boys kept saying, "Dad, we're bored." So, we did a lot of hiking around in the woods, crossing streams, and just looking at God's natural beauty.

Keep in mind that the mountains rejuvenate me immensely, so the next year with vacation coming up, I was fearful that they wouldn't be pleased about going camping again. A few weeks before we were to go, they came to me and asked, "Dad, are we going on vacation, and if we are, where are we going?"

When I told them that we were going camping again at Purgatoire River Campground (same place as before), they were excited about going. Purgatoire was our camping spot for many years after that, and I don't think they ever lost their love for the place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom