Monarch 9mm 115gr Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased a 250rd box of this ammo from Academy couple months ago when it sold for $59.99. Here is the results:

Three weeks ago I shot 75 rounds, three stove pipes/failure to ejects.
Two weeks ago I shot 50 rounds, three stove pipes/failure to ejects.
Today I shot 100 rounds, five stove pipes/failure to ejects.

Using other ammo such as Blazer / Winchester / Remington, no problems. My armorer looked at the gun and said probably the ammo.

Not to dependable for me. That's all

OKgetdown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s weird. I shoot a good amount of Monarch in 9mm and a couple other calibers. Never a problem. Hope they aren’t going downhill. Maybe they released a bad run of ammo?

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know in 9mm brass case at least, it's been made by different companies but sold as Monarch.
In the past the box said Made in Bosnia/Herzegovina but this latest batch had primers with angled marks that looked like Magtech?
I've never messed with Academy's steel case 9mm.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the guys we shoot with bought a large quantity of blazer 9mm. He had huge problems because the bullets were not crimped or held in place by neck tension and bullets would fall out when chambered.
Times like this make me glad that I reload all my own ammo. I have not purchased or fired a factory loaded round in at least 8 years.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Daughter-in-law had a piece of brass in 9MM get stuck on it's way out.
I told her she limp wristed it.
She said she did not feel like she did that.

But she tightened up anyway and no more of that happened.
And it let her hit the water bottle in the middle that she was shooting over the top of.
Not that you limp wristed it.

The ammo she was shooting was made by her son (my 5 year old grandson)
NO crimp used and these were 90 gr bullets.
If the case is sized correctly no crimp has been needed for my weapons.

Sometimes a bad crimp will actually bulge the case where the bullet bearing surface is in the case and so the only thing holding the bullet is the crimp.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot some several years ago and it was produced by Prvy Partisan. It shot ok and grouped weak enough but felt under powered. My experience with their .38 special was the same. If the price was really good and I need some blasting I’d shoot it again. Pretty sure Academy contracts with the lowest bid at the time they are filling an order, just makes sense that the end user finds out where the cost savings were done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom