Colt Viper 357

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is just my inital impression of my new Colt Viper 357. My stepson took my grandkids along with us to pick up the Viper from the gun shop in Wichita today. The gun is made of stainless steel and a side-by-side look tells me that the new Viper's frame is slightly larger than that of my old Police Positive Special. It looks, in fact, like a somewhat more robust verson of the D-frame.

Here, from the Colt website, is a picture of it. Mine is a 4.25" barrel. It also comes with a 3" barrel.

VIPER-SP4WRR-flatlay-441x286.png

My brother has a King Cobra and except for the barrel and the grips, it is essentially the same gun. He told me that the trigger pull on his is good. On mine, it is superb, being very smooth and without the 'staginess' that old timers like myself often associate with the Colt name.

I think I'll enjoy mine.

When I get a chance to shoot it, I'll do a more complete review, this, like I said at the beginning, just being the initial impression.

Latest posts

Top Bottom