OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That hollow bit worries me a bit. Back some years ago, we had our RV parked in a small mobile home park and a split tree like that was right next to our RV. I went out and around the RV one morning to dump and flush the holding tanks and saw that the one side away from us had fallen in the night. It was big enough to reach over a couple of other sites in the park.

I called the owner of the park and asked if we could move to another site that was empty. Even though she said she would be by after work to see the tree, she went ahead and came out that morning. Once she saw the condition of the fallen tree (it was also hollow all the way down into the ground), she called some people to come out and cut up the fallen tree and cut down the one that hadn't fallen. When it was down, it was also found to be hollow inside.

If that thing had been the one that fell, we would have probably been killed, as that tree part was right over our RV's bedroom.
We stayed at an RV park in Del Norte Colorado a couple of years ago. Wife's mom was getting toward the end of life and she wanted to go home early. We left, and the day after, a massive wet snowstorm dumped 12" of snow on the area overnight. The park was heavily wooded in Cottonwood trees.
Several RV's were damaged by falling limbs. One of our friends we were camping with had a huge limb come through the roof of the RV at the foot of their bed and continue on into the basement.
15" in diameter. They were lucky they weren't killed.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20240901_202209.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On our way home from a summer stay in Minnesota, we stopped for a night in Des Moines Iowa. Found an eclectic bar and grill to get something to eat. As we got out of the car a cottontail rabbit was spotted in the flower bed outside the front door. Right in the middle of a town of over 200,000 people. Should have taken a pic, but didn't.
Clintbaileys post reminded me of that.
Absolutely beautiful state capitol building.

IMG_3466.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom