Our Military Leadership Appears TO BE A.W.O.L.!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, remember that the absence of a carrier in the area doesn’t mean that we have no ability to project power in the area.

Just remember, there are two types of ships: submarines and targets…

Matratliff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m actually shocked the Lincoln is still in service. When we shared a harbor, I was on the Stennis, it was nicknamed “Stinkin Lincoln” and was supposedly being decommissioned. That was about 2008.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m actually shocked the Lincoln is still in service. When we shared a harbor, I was on the Stennis, it was nicknamed “Stinkin Lincoln” and was supposedly being decommissioned. That was about 2008.
The Lincoln would’ve been far less than halfway through her designed service life in 2008. She’s only been in commission six years longer than the Stennis.

Matratliff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Lincoln would’ve been far less than halfway through her designed service life in 2008. She’s only been in commission six years longer than the Stennis.
Hmm, maybe she just seemed old to us at the time because we had Chiefs who had served on the Lincoln in the beginning of their careers. I guess she would have been about 20 at that time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom