P-22 Important Modification...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is a piece of junk. The very worst thing Walther could have done is let S&W put their name on it.

The gun is finicky with ammo. It has to be very hot ammo to cycle properly.

Before I had fired 500 hundred rounds through it, the hammer spring broke and I had to send it back to S&W.

Not long after that the recoil spring twisted inside the gun somehow. Still haven't figured that one out.

Now the slide will not stay locked to the rear without a magazine in the gun.

S&W is supposed to have a lifetime warranty on it. I called S&W and they said that if I sent it back to them, they would look at it and decide if the warranty covered it or not and let me know what the charge would be.

I'm just gonna shoot it as is till I can't fix it anymore and when my son breaks his, just let him use it as a parts gun.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
^^^ you need to send yours back and see if they can do something with the slide. it's been rounded where the slide stop catches the slide and that's why it won't lock the slide without the magazine in it.

i must have gotten a good one or something because mine is perfect aside from the occasional feeding problems with lower powered ammo (very rarely happens anymore) somewhere over 5,000 rounds and no parts broken.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^ you need to send yours back and see if they can do something with the slide. it's been rounded where the slide stop catches the slide and that's why it won't lock the slide without the magazine in it.
It's called, "You can buy a new slide for $60," as I recall.:uhh: The slide can't be hardened, and can't take hard-coat anodizing, and impacts the hardened catch routinely, so...

Firecop, I sold my leftovers (sans the SN'ed trigger housing) for $100 on GB, and applied that towards a MkII.

Latest posts

Top Bottom