Panic Attacks...help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do any of you guys get panic attacks? I'm having hell with them since I lost my job. I've been to the ER 3 times so far and I just had a 4 hour one I couldn't get to quit. The anxiety never goes away. What can I do to get them to stop? How can I not get them? Any help is appreciated, I'm tired of feeling like this everyday.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I don't think I'd go here for that kind of help. See your local doctor for a referral to someone who knows. Good luck!

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to see a doctor about it. I don't know what to tell you, other then to keep your head up. Sorry to hear about your job loss.
What kind of work do you do? I will try my best to help hook you up.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I know what your saying. I had a couple heart attacks and would have panic attacks every time I even thought about an Emergency Room. It's good that you're facing it head on. Like the others have said, go see a doctor. You'll feel a lot better. God bless

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you guys. I've talked to doctors and they just tell you the textbook stuff and I'm looking for people that experience them and how they deal with then. EDMONDMEMBER, I'll look into them and thank you. BIGGSLY, I'm a CNC machinist or Assembler. I used to work for an oil and gas control company.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do know this. Anti-anxiety meds will only fix it temporarily. It's all in your head and you can fix yourself with the right attitude. Face your problems head on.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Multi-disciplinary approach:

Meds. POSSIBLY and hopefully short-term. Benzos like Xanax (the worst drug in the world) only minimally and rarely. Lots of other longer-term, more appropriate meds. Xanax sucks ass.
Counseling.
Psychotherapy.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Coping mechanisms.
Faith.
Family.
Friends.
Not avoiding problems, working on actual solutions, not temporary numbing agents like booze and drugs (like f***ing Xanax).

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Amd really, I think that is the most useful thing to combat anxiety is the knowing that it can be defeated if you fight through it. I know personally.

STAY POSITIVE!

Eat healthy food and get plenty of exercise!! Sounds like BS but it's not

Latest posts

Top Bottom