Paracord items

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks good, did you by chance get the idea from my post/thread in the photo forum?

Possibly, I have just wanted to make one for a while and the dogs old collar was starting to frey. So I pulled the d-ring and tag loop from his old one and used a set of larger buckles that I keep as spares for my camping pack and started making it. I didn't reuse the old buckle because it wasn't near as strong as the spares I have and he is now 85lbs and I wanted to make sure it would hold up.

I had wrapped it once with the standard 2 lines in the middle and then took it all apart and added two more strands in the middle to make it thicker. I didn't want a king cobra were you wrap the first cobra with a second around it due to the possible weight.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's see. I can buy 100' for 9 bucks, cheaper if bought in large quantity. Takes 8' for a large so .75 cents for mil grade cord per. .15 cents for buckle, so a total of .90 in material. Can make one in about 10minutes. So if I sat down and made 6 of them in an hour and sold them at the price you mention that would be 18.50 an hour. As mentioned the ones you are seeing for that price are made from cheap cord, no buckle, and loose weave. Meaning a large bracelet only has maybe 5' in it. They are also a two piece design instead of one solid piece.

All that to say you can make them for a profit at the stop and rob price, but people will also pay for a correctly made paracord bracelet or anything else if they buy it for function instead of fashion.

At the $18.50, after paying all the .gov's, you'll end up only making $10-$11 per hour.

Which is why I would gladly pay for quality.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have made a few different projects for friends from single/ 2 point slings to rifle slings and made them adjustable too. It takes a little bit to figure out the best way to weave the slings but I made me a template out of a 2x12 and some swivel studs it helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom