Pawnee Run N Gun July 19th, 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like that ACOG Jakerz had. A lot. If I could learn to use it for stuff inside 50 yards or so with the same speed as a red dot, it would be a no brainer to make the switch. Im thinking the horseshoe reticule would be better for up close, but I really don't have any significant time behind them to say one way or another. Obviously, the ability to use it at distance without having to futz with elevation adjustments is a big plus. Maybe I can find a place to "rent" me one before dropping the coin.

On another note, does any one have a good idea of the actual distance the "10k" was? I know it had to be a good k longer than the winter event with the modified stage 2 and the bonus stage. Like Jakerz, I was disappointed in my run time, especially since I thought I had ran enough with a weighted ruck the previous 5 months or so. Still, I didnt feel as gassed at the end, just had issues fighting off ham and hip cramps from about halfway between stage 3 and the bonus stage till the end. I know I hydrated enough based on urine flow and color, but I probably didn't take in enough potassium. At the bonus stage I took a knee and and my right hammy just seized up, forcing me to roll out of it instead of standing up. When i tried to stretch it my hip crease in front cramped. Had to go back and forth like that for a few minutes. If anyone has a suggestion to help alleviate the cramps please feel free to share.

Suffices to say, I am not a runner. I have always hated it. You want me to carry a ruck on a road march, I'm game. Beyond that it is pretty much all suck. Fortunately I like things that suck so I am willing to learn, but I dont want to waste a bunch of effort on something that isn't going to help. It was the Tbird run n gun that gave me the inspiration to get off my ass and get into some semblance of shape. Maybe I just need to spend more time at it. I'm still getting used to not being 30 years old any more.

I'm with you on running. I don't mind doing some quick sprints or moving as fast as possible on a stage. But I've never been a fan of long distance running. I go backpacking often and will do 11-13 miles in a day with a 60-70 lb pack and I enjoy it. Gotta get my mind right on distance running. Just need to find the fun factor in it I guess.

By the way UMB, way to rock that 500 yd stage with the aimpoint.

cocheran

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My ap said 6.48. Pecos last year said 6.32. I probably won't do pecos. It's so far away and so expensive. I think I'll do the buckholtz one again. Pecos said no supported shooting this year too:) I need to work on unsupported rifle shooting by far the most. I've never had any training or class or anything except for concealed carry. I ran around the woods alone with a .22 starting at like 12. Anytime I ever shoot at anything I'm leaning on a tree or something. If I'm hunting I plan that as part of my hunt or I'm behind cover. I used to sling up some as a kid just to look cool, but I never felt it made me that much more steady. Standing in the open shooting a rifle at something just isn't a normal occurrence in my world. I guess in some battle scenarios it might be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom