Pawnee Winter Run n' Gun - 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrgutier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone who attended the RO medical course take notes and have a shopping list of the items demonstrated? I wanted to build up my blow out kit.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2ea OLAES bandage (4" at a minimum, then add 6" bandages if you have a need for your uses. They're nice to have for larger wounds.)
SWAT-T then a
CAT
Trauma shears
2ea chest seals of some flavor (HyFin is good and very easy to find for not a lot of Don)

That's the bare bones and will work very well for the vast majority of things you'll encounter where modern medicine is moments away. If you potentially have the need to work on others with whom you don't share DNA or a bed (you take a lot of shooting classes or are otherwise a Samaritan at heart) then you should probably buy a couple pairs of gloves. They don't have to be sterile. They're for you, not them. They'll get gobs of antibiotics shortly and infection is the least of their concerns at the moment.

After you've satisfied the basics in your kits (plural :)) you can start to add other things as budgets allow like hemostatic gauze, etc. Most people carrying an NPA or an ARS needle have no idea how to use them. They just have them because they came in the kit when they bought it for more than they could have spent building it themselves. They're good tools that fulfill their own purposes, but require training to use correctly.

I would also add an inexpensive (NOT read: Cheap) headlamp and one set of spare batteries for same.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm switching out optics for this upcoming Run and Gun but I had some concerns about doing so. I've been using a 1-4x Vortex Viper PST with capped turrets and now I'm going to use a 2.5-10x Vortex Viper PST but has exposed turrets and I've heard a lot of people complain at these events that their turrets get turned while running or doing some of the obstacles. So I contacted MK Machining out of MO and talked to them about making caps for my turrets. They were able to get a Viper to get the exact measurements and looks like I'm about to get something better than I was hoping for! What do you guys think about these? The photos are just the prototype, the actual cap will be black.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sweet.

Have them make up a bunch and start selling them!

Is that aluminium?

No, it's plastic from a 3D printer. I can order as many as I want, right now I have three sets ordered, they're $20 per set. If you really want some, let me know and we can work something out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom