Pawnee Winter Run n' Gun - 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW - we have five (maybe six) FALers all signed up and training hard for January, coming all the way from Tennessee, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Oregon, Georgia, and Texas. It broke my heart how many times I heard "A FAL, huh? We've never seen one of those here before...", so I put out the call. We'll try our best to represent ;-)

Really?! That's awesome. Looks like the FAL challenge is on! Seriously, if somembody wants to kick in a FAL-related prize/trophy, we can note all the FAL shooters on the score cards just like we do the mil surps, and give the prize to the highest scoring one. It is really cool that y'all are coming in from all over like that.

As far as hitting the 500 yd. target with irons, I've never shot that stage with anything but irons. If you know your elevation setting for 500 and can shoot inside of 4 MOA from prone unsupported, you're golden. You don't even hardly have to worry about wind on that stage, with it being on a narrow easement cut through the woods.

Matt in TN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really?! That's awesome. Looks like the FAL challenge is on! Seriously, if somembody wants to kick in a FAL-related prize/trophy, we can note all the FAL shooters on the score cards just like we do the mil surps, and give the prize to the highest scoring one.

Thanks for the thought, but we're coming to beat the mousegunners. We don't need no stinkin' special treatment!

Is smack talk allowed here? ;-)

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Idea for summer or next winter challenge, since it seems groups of friends are doing the RNGs, how about a Team challenge.
3 or 4(?) man teams.
10K option only.
Each team has to carry 2 weighted ammo cans from start to finish. No cans, no finish.
Every person shoots the stages and has to enter and exit each shooting stage as a team (cannot leave shooting stage for next individually).
If obstacles are on the course, team cannot leave obstacle area until last member has completed it, like above.
Shot time totals are averaged or take the best time for that stage.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Idea for summer or next winter challenge, since it seems groups of friends are doing the RNGs, how about a Team challenge.
3 or 4(?) man teams.
10K option only.
Each team has to carry 2 weighted ammo cans from start to finish. No cans, no finish.
Every person shoots the stages and has to enter and exit each shooting stage as a team (cannot leave shooting stage for next individually).
If obstacles are on the course, team cannot leave obstacle area until last member has completed it, like above.

Nope. This is about the individual. I'd participate in an event like that, though.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3 or 4(?) man teams.
10K option only.
Each team has to carry 2 weighted ammo cans from start to finish. No cans, no finishotEvery person shoots the stages and has to enter and exit each shooting stage as a team (cannot leave shooting stage for next individually).

You had me till you said weighted ammo cans. Why we got to carry chit???

Latest posts

Top Bottom