Pawnee Winter Run N Gun - Get Ready!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which brings back my question does a 60 something score with a 20 something, or does a 60 something see how they stack up against others in their age group?

What does it matter when you are completing the same task? What's got to be done, has got to be done regardless of age.

Run one, look at your times. Figure out your takeaways, train, run another and see if you improved.

It's pretty simple. Nicely so...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a question, guys. I've been kicking around the idea of coming out and giving this a try ever since you all started kicking the idea around originally.

Here's my question ... knowing what I know about my physical limitations, and because I don't want to slow down the progress of the match and inconvenience anyone else, is there a way I could register and pay the fees, of course, but then be the last person to run the course that day??

I'd really, really like to see what I can do ... I think it would help me see what I'm capable of (and what's completely out of question for me) ... and give me a feel for any adjustments I might need to make in gear. Here's my thing -- I seriously do NOT want to inconvenience anyone or make the event any more problematic for you guys running it than usual. And I certainly would not do anything that would be unsafe ...

If you wanna discuss it in a PM with me, that's okay too ... I just wasn't sure exactly who to PM ...

Thanks!!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BB, trust me. You won't slow anything down. Start early and keep trucking till you're done. You can shoot, so you won't slow down the shooting stages. The running course is wide open, so folks will be free to pass you if they are faster. There are a lot of walkers...come on out!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB, trust me. You won't slow anything down. Start early and keep trucking till you're done. You can shoot, so you won't slow down the shooting stages. The running course is wide open, so folks will be free to pass you if they are faster. There are a lot of walkers...come on out!

I already told GC I want to do this in the worst sort of way ... and my birthday IS in January ... :P He thinks it's a bad idea, given my neck issues ... still ...

I'm gonna keep on training ... if you can call yoga, PT and walking (running is completely outside the realm of possibility for me now, unfortunately). :P

It just sounds like too much of a good time to pass up!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BB - we will probably make you one of the first to run - the faster folks can pass you. If we send you out late, you'll be way late getting finished. Come on out - it's a blast!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB - we will probably make you one of the first to run - the faster folks can pass you. If we send you out late, you'll be way late getting finished. Come on out - it's a blast!

Ahhh, duh! That makes sense ... lol

Well, I don't think I can talk GC into competing. He thinks I'm completely daft ... :rotflmao: I just really think I "need" to do this at least once in my life ... :naughty:

ETA: Is your page for January up yet?? My google-fu is not plugged in this morning ... apparently ... :scratch:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come on out BB.... if it might hurt your neck to do something in the COF, just take a zero on that stage and move on. You will learn a lot about yourself and your gear regardless. Of course you and GC know more about your injury than I do... if it would hurt your neck just to walk a few miles with rifle, pistol, ammo, and water, it might not be a good idea... but I bet you could do that much at least!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come on out BB.... if it might hurt your neck to do something in the COF, just take a zero on that stage and move on. You will learn a lot about yourself and your gear regardless. Of course you and GC know more about your injury than I do... if it would hurt your neck just to walk a few miles with rifle, pistol, ammo, and water, it might not be a good idea... but I bet you could do that much at least!

Well that's the rub ... It's distinctly possible that the car ride out to Pawnee will leave me with muscle spasms so bad I'll have to medicate. If that happens then I'll just not shoot. But dammit ... if I don't come out and give it a try, I'll never know ...

I did so much more at that Appleseed than I thought I'd be able to do ... remember? And I still spent some time sitting out ... BUT ... it was worth it.

I'm to the point now that if I wind up spending a week in bed after I get out and have some fun, then so be it ... that last eat and shoot where I didn't do any shooting and STILL wound up hurting the next day was an eye-opener for me. I'm not gonna be able to avoid the pain, so I might as well get out and do something I enjoy once in a while ...

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotcha... you could always get a hotel room in Stillwater Friday night and medicate to your heart's content, lol, then on Sat. morning it would just be a half hour drive out to the range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom