Pawnee Winter Run N Gun - Get Ready!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So a 60+ year old is on the same plan as a 20 something?

From what I gathered, this event is to test the individual and their equipment for endurance in simulated practical shooting scenarios over set distances and is not a competition. In a real world scenario, the terrain isn't smoother, distance isn't shorter, and foes won't care about your age. You are there to test yourself and gear, and ultimately it is you that decide how your performance measures up to your own metrics.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So a 60+ year old is on the same plan as a 20 something?

From what I gathered, this event is to test the individual and their equipment for endurance in simulated practical shooting scenarios over set distances and is not a competition. In a real world scenario, the terrain isn't smoother, distance isn't shorter, and foes won't care about your age. You are there to test yourself and gear, and ultimately it is you that decide how your performance measures up to your own metrics.

This is correct. We should have website refreshed, and signup ready in the next two weeks. Our computer guru is looking at updating some stuff for us, make it a bit more user-friendly.
Dennis - don't think of this as a race against the 25 year old jbt that runs 6 minute miles for fun - think of it as - "OK, SHTF, here's what I'm leaving with, and here's how effective I can be."

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran 8 miles this morning. I am going to have my run times better this time. Think I ran last winter's at 225 lbs. I am under 200 now. I am looking forward to it already!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New website under way - COF is done, and a new development over the weekend:

We will have a special category for the 10K Run N Gun. If you run/walk/shoot the 10K division with an M1 Garand, you'll be in the running for a special trophy. You'll still be in the regular scoring, yet also be eligible for the "Garand" trophy.

So far we have about 8 or so guys that have committed to the Garand run, so there ought to be some competition, as well as some interesting gear setups!

Latest posts

Top Bottom