Personal Defense Round (.45 ACP)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any opinions on the better/best personal defense rounds. Gun I have is CZ97 45ACP. Has slightly less than 5" Barrel.

I've somewhat, based on what I've read, narrowed it down to:

1) Cor-bon +p 185G
2) Remingon Golden Sabre +P 185G
3) Double Tap TAC 160g with Barnes Copper Bullet,

Many things I've read throw in Speer Gold Dots, but if you look at ballistics tables, they don't equal the above. Also, don't know much about the Magsafe Fragmented Ammo, Other than they are really expensive.

Any opinions???

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you read any of the information posted by Dr. Gary K. Roberts, DocGKR, over on m4carbine? I know not everyone will agree with what he has to say but I still think it's an interesting source of information.

Personally, I'd worry less about ballistics and look at projectile performance instead. JMO

http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?daysprune=&f=91

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any one of those will work well. Try them in your gun and make sure they function 100%. The MagSafe is okay but it is way over-priced and the over-penetration it is designed to resolve is not a problem in most instances.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course one of the most important things to consider (even before ballistics) is; does it perform in your gun. Personally I chose Remington Golden Saber 230gr. for my 1911 because it was closer to the same profile as ball ammo and feeds 100% reliably. Your mileage may vary........

Latest posts

Top Bottom