Personal Defense Round (.45 ACP)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With smaller calibers it can, with a 45, personally I don't worry about it as much myself. I do prefer that a round does expand as it is designed to do and dump as much energy as possible into a zombie. But a 200+ grain round out of a 45acp, at self defense ranges will do damage, winter clothes or not.

Carried the 45acp for many years on active duty. While we were limited in the use of ammo types, I never once felt under gunned with FMJs in the ol war horse. Not so with the 9mm.

I feel much better now...thanks

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for auto pistols in general... if you have not personally shot at minimum a few hundred rounds of your particular ammo chosen for self defense.
I submit you really don't know if that particular combo works 100%.

if you have not done the above due to self defensive ammo costs.
the logical choice is corbon powerball. identical profile to FMJ ball ammo.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for auto pistols in general... if you have not personally shot at minimum a few hundred rounds of your particular ammo chosen for self defense.
I submit you really don't know if that particular combo works 100%.

if you have not done the above due to self defensive ammo costs.
the logical choice is corbon powerball. identical profile to FMJ ball ammo.

I have to disagree. I'd think if a particular gun and ammo combination weren't functioning together you'd know pretty quickly. I also think any modern gun made to fire hollow point ammo should do so without a lot of fuss.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of magazines should do it. In my experience, once a gun feeds hollowpoints reliably, and the magazines are reliable, then a couple of magazines of defense ammo and I am good-to-go.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
evidently you are more trusting than I am...

I have to disagree. I'd think if a particular gun and ammo combination weren't functioning together you'd know pretty quickly. I also think any modern gun made to fire hollow point ammo should do so without a lot of fuss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom