Phrases that you hate.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quit dis respecting me, old people that say " you savy", ya know whada mean. 2 of my favorite sayings is from my dad talking about getting a good deal on something " boy, I sure cut a fat hog on that one" or anything that is fast, "you should have seen that truck, it would run like a spotted ass ape"

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious why this bothers you? I would understand not referring to guns primarily used for sporting purposes as weapons, but I carry my Glock for protection. If the main function of the gun is for protection, then calling it a weapon is quite accurate, is it not?

Surely you don't believe that only individuals with prior military and law enforcement experience should be allowed to own weapons?

It's more of a tone thing.

I feel like people who always call their CCW their "weapon" or "sidearm" rather than their "pistol" or "gun" are trying to sound tactical. Think of it as a marginally less douchey version of "weapon system." (E: As stated, this does not apply to LE/MIL)

You see this a lot with /r/guns-tards posting their CCW Penthouse letters. The text is something like, "I WAS APPROACHED BY AN UNKNOWN BLACK MALE. I DREW MY WEAPON ON THE UNKNOWN CONTACT AND HE SAID 'hey look man, I'm just the waiter. I was taking your drink order.' THREAT NEUTRALIZED."

E: Either that, or they come across like this guy:

Last edited by a moderator:

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While we're on the topic of irritating things that Internet Gun Nerds do, I hate it when people anthropomorphize their guns.

Do not use feminine pronouns to refer to your gun. It is not a person, and we speak a language with gender-neutral pronouns for inanimate objects. Same goes for naming your guns, though I knew a guy who called his pistol "Penis II" and that was funny enough to be acceptable.

It's even worse when people sexualize their guns. Saying a gun is "sexy" is acceptable if it is a 1911 or a blued revolver. Otherwise it's creepy.

Thankfully this isn't a thing on OSA or similar forums.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While we're on the topic of irritating things that Internet Gun Nerds do, I hate it when people anthropomorphize their guns.

Do not use feminine pronouns to refer to your gun. It is not a person, and we speak a language with gender-neutral pronouns for inanimate objects. Same goes for naming your guns, though I knew a guy who called his pistol "Penis II" and that was funny enough to be acceptable.

It's even worse when people sexualize their guns. Saying a gun is "sexy" is acceptable if it is a 1911 or a blued revolver. Otherwise it's creepy.

Thankfully this isn't a thing on OSA or similar forums.

"sexy" is in the eye of the beholder.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Swag"

"Just sayin'"

"I know, right?!"

"Wonky"

"Walk it back"

"Besties" (the worst)