Picked up a used glock that needs some help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holster Maker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up a used G-30 this weekend in a trade and it shoots great, but the finish on the slide shows some wear. Can anyone give me some advice on the best place in town to get it refinished and what an average price would be? Also, does anyone locally do the hard chrome finish or matte nickel plating?

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Picked up a used G-30 this weekend in a trade and it shoots great, but the finish on the slide shows some wear. Can anyone give me some advice on the best place in town to get it refinished and what an average price would be? Also, does anyone locally do the hard chrome finish or matte nickel plating?

Mike at Accurate Iron. Get it Yellerized. I haven't had one done by him yet but have a couple of friends who have and he does great work.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
somebody in town does nickel , but its not necessarily gun specific; if I wanted hardchrome, Id send it out to a gun plater.
APW or Fords are the best.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Due to the Glocks special finish/coating unless you just want it to look brand new, I wouldn't really worry about it. Yet if you do, then Ford's is probably the best.

skypilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why bother?

I'd guess you probably paid, what, $450 for the gun? Thereabouts? A new one would have cost you ~$499 at OPS.

So now you're going to pay probably ~$50 to $100 for refinish plus mailing/shipping (and you'll definitely get it insured).

If it's a CCW and/or user/shooter, I wouldn't worry about it. If cosmetics are that important, sell it and buy a new one.

Holster Maker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why bother?

I'd guess you probably paid, what, $450 for the gun? Thereabouts? A new one would have cost you ~$499 at OPS.

So now you're going to pay probably ~$50 to $100 for refinish plus mailing/shipping (and you'll definitely get it insured).

If it's a CCW and/or user/shooter, I wouldn't worry about it. If cosmetics are that important, sell it and buy a new one.

I completely agree with you, however the one thing I left out was that in doing some trading, I effectively paid about $150 for the gun. That's why I thought about fixing it up. I more wanted to have fun with some color than worry about the aesthetics and I usually can't bring myself to change a stock gun. When it comes down to it, really the onlything that matters is, does it go boom downrange. :fullauto:

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have Mike cerakote that slide something unique. He has a smörgåsbord of colors and even different application techniques...

It's tough stuff and his application (surface prep, etc.) are second to none (and yes, I have experienced 'kote from other places). While your at it throw some night sights on there.

Quail Fat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's the old flat black finish, I can reparkerize it for you, flat black managnese phospate for $40. It only takes about 15 minutes. I live in OKC I-240 and Penn area.

I did my Glock 26 yesterday and it's looks pretty good.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom