"Pimping" out a G17??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm really wanting to lighten/take some slack out of my G17 trigger. Take care of over travel, get some night sights, maybe a lighter recoil spring etc. What else can you do to "sweeten" up a glock? I like my 1911 way better, but damn I need a beater that I can use and abuse. This G17 is like new and sits in the nightstand, but I'd like to get it out and beat it up a little, lol.

Ghost 5lb connector?
Extenended Mag release?
Lighter recoil spring?
Guide rod?

Thanks fellas!

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really wanting to lighten/take some slack out of my G17 trigger. Take care of over travel, get some night sights, maybe a lighter recoil spring etc. What else can you do to "sweeten" up a glock? I like my 1911 way better, but damn I need a beater that I can use and abuse. This G17 is like new and sits in the nightstand, but I'd like to get it out and beat it up a little, lol.

Ghost 5lb connector?
Extenended Mag release?
Lighter recoil spring?
Guide rod?

Thanks fellas!

Sights on the side of the slide so you can shoot it gangsta style!

KIDDING!

Slide melts/reductions look pretty hot on glocks and server more than just the asthetic purposes. I've been heavily considering adding magnaporting(well maybe magnaporting, not sure yet) and slide melt to my G23.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is slide melt and magnaporting? I'm assuming the slide melt is like the Kimber CDP? Smooth out the edges? The magnaporting is like "braking" the barrel?

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is slide melt and magnaporting? I'm assuming the slide melt is like the Kimber CDP? Smooth out the edges? The magnaporting is like "braking" the barrel?

Yes, the slide melt is like what is on the Kimber. Glock 36 has this done from factory:

[Broken External Image]

Magnaporting is just a certain company's way of porting the slide and barrel.

[Broken External Image]
http://media.photobucket.com/image/magnaport%20glock/1hackman/MagnaPort1.jpg

Im not sold on it just yet. They (magnaport USA) says it doesnt create the blinding burst during low light shooting, but I am still on the fence about having it done.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this a 3rd gen Glock? If so, my usual list of mods goes something like this:

In order of importance:
Basic Mods:
1. Ghost Rocket 3.5lb connector (Note: This is not a drop in mod. Some gunsmithing, along with patience, is required.)
2. Glockworx competition spring kit (or Wolff spring kit)
3. Larry Vickers Tango Down extended mag release
4. Warren Tactical sights (I currently have and prefer the 2-dot setup)
5. T R Graham's Match Grade Slide Lock

Additional mods to consider:
Grip Stippling - Accurate Iron
Glockworx Ti FP safety plunger (Reduces the "mush" feeling from the trigger bar depressing the safety plunger)
Uncaptured Wolff SS guide rod w/ recoil spring of choice
Glockworx Fulcrum trigger bar or Vaneck drop in trigger kit (These options offer reduction in pre-travel as well as overtravel).

Mind you, those are all functional modifications. If you are looking for less functional and more "pimping", you might consider the following options:
Functional and really freakin cool mods:
Threaded barrel and suppressor - the ultimate in functional pimping.
MDS (micro dot sight) - Jpoint or Trijicon RMR.

Less functional but certainly "pimptastic" mods:
Lone Wolf slides and flame finishing options.
CustomCreations - can polish your Glock slide, barrel and parts until they are shiny and "pimptastic".
Porting (Barrel and slide)- always a pimptastic thing to do.
Slide lightening/cutting - even further on the "pimptastic" scale.

Roarak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just put a Vanek Classic Trigger in my new Glock 34 over the weekend. I can say without a doubt that its the best Glock trigger ive ever felt. Very very nice, cant say enough about it. I also hear great things about Yeller at Accurate Iron.

I also have the Warren/Sivigny sights on order.

Other than the sights and trigger, there really isnt much else worth changing on a Glock. Maybe a ligher guiderod spring if you shoot lighter target loads.

Ohh ya, one thing i did get that was a neat little part for 8 bucks... Glockmeister grip plug, it has a mini bevel at the rear of it. Kinda cool. and cheap.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have the 3.5lb connector in mine, meprolight night sights, and extended mag release. Only other things I'd like to add is the armorers tool / butt plug gizmo, and maybe an uncaptured guide rod so I could have the option of running lighter loads through it, especially if I ever silence it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom