Please, I need a lawyer to explain the insanity...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact is, you can file a lawsuit for basically any reason you can come up with. If it is groundless, it is disposed of with a motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim, or a motion for summary judgment. If it is completely frivolous, you can possibly get sanctions and/or attorney's fees imposed on the other side. I also wonder whether an attorney filed this, or whether the attempted murderer filed it himself.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact is, you can file a lawsuit for basically any reason you can come up with. If it is groundless, it is disposed of with a motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim, or a motion for summary judgment. If it is completely frivolous, you can possibly get sanctions and/or attorney's fees imposed on the other side. I also wonder whether an attorney filed this, or whether the attempted murderer filed it himself.

It's in the article... "The negligence lawsuit was filed on his behalf by his father and his criminal defense attorney".

Latest posts

Top Bottom