Please pray for my kids!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know your feelig, I put my 3yr old great Dane down last march due to seizures( would not stop seizng), got another about 6months later.... My wife has a dauschund.... They play together but the little one rules the roost....
Good luck and I'm sorry for your loss
--Mech

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear this! I had to have my black Lab put to sleep a week before Christmas due to cancer, and it was hard because he was game right up to the end. My roomie has a mini Dachshund, too. So I can empathize. My prayers go out to your kids and to you and your wife, too.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really sorry for your loss. I know what you're going through. I'm an LEO and I'm supposed to be some big tough guy but when the thought of losing your canine companion hits, you can lose it. I know I did when our dogs got out and couldn't find them for over 12 hours.

Keith6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very sorry for your loss we lost our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel at just about a year old and man it was gut wrenching. She actually had to have surgery to remove a blockage, that went fine vet says she is asleep but doing great. two days later after we had even been up there to see her he calls an said she died I am so sorry. Since it was her colon she got an infection. Seeing my wife and daughter have to say goodbye to her laying on a table was just more than I could stand. It does pass. You cannot replace them the memory of them that is but the next one will come along in time.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let them read the 'Rainbow Bridge' poem. It helped us in this situation. Rainbowsbridge Poem

I feel for you and your loss. Im so sorry.

Ive been exactly right where you are just 2 years ago. We were in the house and a neighbor came beating on the door and when we answered it asked me if I had a little black dog. I froze with fear while I said I did,followed him to his house around the corner and wrapped in a towel was my little 2 year old Boston all tore up and bloody. I freaked out. He had dug under our chain link fence and to another neighbors yard where they had an electric fence inside their yard and 2 huge pitbulls on chains. I imagine the little guy just wanted to play as he was so sweet and loving and non agressive. We heard they were just throwing him around like a rag doll. The neighbor who came over was the one who rescued him,putting himself in danger to do it. The wife came in the car and picked us up and I cradled him in my arms all the way to the vet,his little heart was beating as fast as it could because of the shock. The vet said he looked bad,really bad,and thankfully he passed away from his heart beating so fast in my arms. I lost it at the vets office and Im a big ol boy. Thankfully our kids werent with us. I elected to have him cremated and left him to the vet,who is a family friend. I went home and put all of his toys and favorite stuff in a box. Cried. The kids cried. I didnt sleep all night because he normally slept right there with me as he was my dog. My first dog since I was a little kid also. I hadnt felt such loss since my father passed away in 97'. I did what they say youre not supposed to do though and went right out the next day while the kids were in school and went to the breeder we got the other from out in Beggs and she had just had a litter from 2 of her adults and weirdly she had only had one left out of all females and one male- the male. I would have put a mortgage on my house to get that dog,but I didnt have to when she heard our story. She waived the fee and let us take him. 2 years later he has given me a ton of joy. Still, when I see my other dogs pic on top of his little box of ashes on the mantle inside a purple velvet covering I get teary eyed. He will always have my heart. My kids had a couple of Beagles back then and theyre still around which thankfully helped the kids thru it. That next day besides getting the new dog I also had a friends construction company come over and I built the best fence money could buy- 2 fences actually,a mix of chainlink on the inside with a 6' cedar privacy fence around it with about a half a foot of the chain link buried under ground all around- a 2,3 lot sized yard. But,I take all of the blame for losing him by not having a better fence for him to be protected and the little guy getting out that day.

I hope you get thru your loss and your kids as well. Im sorry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom