Poison Ivy season is here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I been taking these for years and now that they are well in my system i very seldom get poison oak or ivy, it builds your immune system up to help prevent getting it.
1716304420786.png

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When i was young.
I knew what it looked like.
From 12 years old to 16 years old I never got rid of having it for more than a couple days.

2 friends of mine were immune to it.
Their grandfather fed the goat poison ivy for 2 weeks and then had the kids come over and stay the weekend and they drank the goats milk when the kids were very young.

I still will get it but I ignore it and a few days later it is gone.
I do not get it bad like I used to.
Eyes swelled shut and between all fingers and cracks and looking like a wart toad.
Seriously I got that bad and my mother said to my father i guess it's time to take him to the doctor and get a shot.

WHAT!! I said there is a shot to rod me of this.

That bad round of it was when my dad burned a pile of it in the back yard.
He had me out thee helping him.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What timing for this.....got into either poison ivy or oak this weekend putting up tree stands on the property. Had one branch with briars and vines fall on me(not like That Gurl) but it did knock me to the ground and got a few cuts/scrapes. Have a little patch on my face, back of one arm and side of the other arm. Got a tick to boot and that spot is all red/inflamed!

IF there was any such thing as dumb luck, I have my annual dermatologist appt this afternoon that was scheduled last May. We'll see what she recommends.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Appreciate my doc. Squeezed me in at 11 today.
Got a steroid shot, steroid pills, and refillable prescription ointment. She said if I don’t start seeing results by Friday call and they’ll squeeze me in again. Figure if it’s like normal I’ll be better by tomorrow.
In waiting room now...

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The most misconcepted thing with poison oak/ivy is most people think it is only a vine, while poison oak is also a bush or small shrub, my brother is one of these people even thou i have tried to point it out to him he still cant make the distinction when in the woods and he has been paying the price for the last 6 months trying to clear brush on his portion of land we have inherited.

Latest posts

Top Bottom