Police get OWNED by guy who know's his rights.. For concealed or open carry people!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a thing wrong with this post. But I beg to differ on his demeanor. He could have been a whole lot less "confrontational". He was obviously out to "school" the cops, public and everyone else. He could have just as easily casually told the officer that he understood that he was just doing his job and at least told him his dang name. Handled properly he still could have declined to provide ID, search, destination, etc. without being a jerk. This guy was an ASS like so many of them are. I will also say good on him for not just being one of the sheep too.

I disagree with you. The asking the name is fishing for information hoping the guy will slip up. Anything you say can and will be held against you. A name would have led to a call to dispatch for further investigation.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Different state, different set of laws, and apparently that state doesn't require showing ID.

Cop was in the wrong for stopping him, and while the gun owner can be accused of being a bit of an attention whore in this case, it could just as easily have been someone who wasn't carrying a cam and recording.

I'm sure that happens countless times.

In the cop's defense, he stayed pretty mellow, called in someone who was more knowledgeable, and he was given his pistol immediately.

By posting the anti-cop rants previous to his encounter, the gun owner did put himself in a bad light to a lot of viewers.

Perhaps if he also posted some positive comments about law enforcement, his post would have been seen as more objective.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Different state, different set of laws, and apparently that state doesn't require showing ID.

Cop was in the wrong for stopping him, and while the gun owner can be accused of being a bit of an attention whore in this case, it could just as easily have been someone who wasn't carrying a cam and recording.

I'm sure that happens countless times.

In the cop's defense, he stayed pretty mellow, called in someone who was more knowledgeable, and he was given his pistol immediately.

By posting the anti-cop rants previous to his encounter, the gun owner did put himself in a bad light to a lot of viewers.

Perhaps if he also posted some positive comments about law enforcement, his post would have been seen as more objective.

I can agree with you to a point but the Cop knows the law. He was just trying to get around it by continuing to keep asking for it. The law is the law and it's not for local LEO's to try to get around it. What would happen if we tried to side step a ticket? we knew the law but kept driving faster anyway. I am not a LEO basher but I think that a lot of the young guns that we have on the streets today have a lot to learn and some of them will learn the hard way. What happened to the day when they were part of the community, Kids interacted with them and Parents looked up to them? Now days they act like they own the place. I had rather deal with one 45 years old or older. My best friend is retired LEO and we have discussed this several times.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
By the love of Zeus!! if you're gonna video someone acting like an ass (yourself or the other guy) please start the video horizontally!! These framed videos look completely foolish.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sounds like some of you are saying that Oklahoma is a Stop and Identify State......I know some States allow this, but I wasn't aware Oklahoma required one to show ID unless one is being detained for the commission of a crime.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sounds like some of you are saying that Oklahoma is a Stop and Identify State......I know some States allow this, but I wasn't aware Oklahoma required one to show ID unless one is being detained for the commission of a crime.

In Oklahoma if you are OPEN CARRYING and are asked to provide your permit you are REQUIRED to do so ... If you are CONCEAL CARRYING you are required to notify an officer during the course of official business ... There are a TON of threads here about these two issues, with the pertinent statutes quoted in them ... Or you can go to oscn.net and look them up yourself.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The only time OK is a stop and ID state is if you are open carry and an officer wants to check your permit. Other than that all you need to do if you are being detained for something (other than driving or carrying a firearm under the SDA) is verbally provide your correct name.

The problem is that some officers will try and make a person provide identification of some kind for no reason at all. This is where the issue comes in...I'm not doing anything wrong, I don't have to show ID. Then the other side says, well if you have noting to hide, why not show the ID and be done with it? Answer is...because I don't have to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom