Police Officers in OKC Schools ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://newsok.com/police-officers-provide-more-than-security-for-okc-elementary-school-students/article/5127035

Good for them!! I, for one, am glad they are making a concerted effort to provide positive interaction with the kids. I hope they expand this program to include every school in the district. There is more to police work than law enforcement. GC taught me that.:bowdown:

From the article:

In addition to keeping Mark Twain and 13 other elementary schools safe and secure, Echols is working the community relations angle, interacting with children in hopes of fostering positive relationships with law enforcement instead of negative ones.

“The amazing thing is: This is the first group of kids in Oklahoma City that will actually know that they have an officer in their school who came to their classroom, who spoke to them, who they have a positive relationship with,” he said.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My kids had an officer at their School in PA. He was a big hit with the kids and parents. Alot of the after school shenanigans stopped. He gave good advice, was respected and I think a positive influence.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until school districts start asking SRO's to stand down and not take action/arrest/ticket kids who are breaking laws and seriously disrupting the school environment...not that school districts would ever do that.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess we need to protect the kids even when they're not there?, have police on the schools 24/7 so if any kids are making out in the parking lot someone will be there to shoot at them?

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2014/05...ining-kids-who-were-making-out/5971401475595/

And yes we need to protect the kids but also we need to nip it in the bud with those other student criminals, after all paper airplanes, perfume, and burping are gateway crimes right?

None of the 19 listed incidents were in Oklahoma ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom