political question???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevy88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, i have really been trying to get into politics and understand all of it and I was wandering if there is a test or something i can take to maybe know better where I stand as a conservative, liberal or whatever do any of you guys know of such thing? I found a very small quiz about 10 questions and it said i am a libertarian but it didnt really say why or if thats "bad" or not.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just what onedarmedman said. Freedom is the currency of happiness.
I label myself a conservative/libertarian/constitutionalist/republican (in that order), but there's no need for a label. Just stand for what you believe in.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this is a joke but holds some truth.

I was talking to a friend's little girl, and she said she wanted to be
President some day.

Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked
her,

'If you were to be the President, what's the first thing you would do?'
She replied, 'I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people.'

'Wow - what a worthy goal.' I told her, 'You don't have to wait until
you're President to do that.

You can come over to my house and mow the grass, pull weeds, and sweep my
yard, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store
where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use
toward food or a new house.'

She thought that over for a few seconds, 'cause she's only 6.

And while her Mom glared at me, the little girl looked me straight in the
eye and asked, 'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work,
and you can just pay him the $50?'

And I said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party.'

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, i have really been trying to get into politics and understand all of it and I was wandering if there is a test or something i can take to maybe know better where I stand as a conservative, liberal or whatever do any of you guys know of such thing? I found a very small quiz about 10 questions and it said i am a libertarian but it didn't really say why or if that's "bad" or not.

There a lot of very opinionated people on this board (I'm one of them). However, I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to judge others based on their political views, simply by placing them in a category. I prefer to take issue with specific views individually, rather than a generalization. With that said, I think it's a good idea to know where others judge you to stand. Not because it defines who you are, but because it gives you a frame of reference from which to debate your points.

Here's a more comprehensive quiz with about 50 questions: http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/political-spectrum-quiz.html

It will not only give you an idea of where you stand, but break it down in a little more detail. For instance, it says I'm about evenly split as a libertarian/conservative. However, it confirms that while I favor non-interventionism, I'm not really opinionated one way or the other regarding social issues. This matches my views pretty well. By comparison, the 10 question quiz says I'm 100% libertarian, with a very slight left bias. That isn't very accurate.

I consider a 100% libertarian to be somewhat of an anarchist. We all might love the option to run wild in the streets because no one can judge our actions, but that's neither pragmatic or a very pleasant environment to be in. Likewise, a statist/authoritarian will be somewhat of a totalitarian, a 100% conservative will be somewhat of a closed minded bigot, and a 100% liberal will have a somewhat limited grasp of reality and rely too much on emotion.

If you've left open the possibility that differing views may be at least partially valid and don't consider everyone who disagrees with you to be wrong, you're probably using your head. When you do that, you're going to straddle some fences.

Long story short, knowing how you perceive yourself vs. how others perceive you is good. Judging yourself or others based on labels is bad, mmmkay? :)

chevy88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks glock on the insight and the quiz ill look at it right after i finish this choclate milk. I was more or less really just trying to figure out what all of these different "classes" were and where others might label me. so i appreciate it.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't bother trying to put yourself in a party. Vote in line with your values, but you'll have to make compromises, that's just math. No way can all the different combinations of opinions and values be represented by 2 or 3 people.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
this is a joke but holds some truth.

I was talking to a friend's little girl, and she said she wanted to be
President some day.

Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked
her,

'If you were to be the President, what's the first thing you would do?'
She replied, 'I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people.'

'Wow - what a worthy goal.' I told her, 'You don't have to wait until
you're President to do that.

You can come over to my house and mow the grass, pull weeds, and sweep my
yard, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store
where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use
toward food or a new house.'

She thought that over for a few seconds, 'cause she's only 6.

And while her Mom glared at me, the little girl looked me straight in the
eye and asked, 'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work,
and you can just pay him the $50?'

And I said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party.'

I love it!

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there will be no compromise!

Hahaha, you sure? :contract: :blahblah:

I took that fun little quiz. Nearly hit dead center, pretty much what I expected. There needs to be a moderate party. That way the candidate can go to the presidential debates and stand between the two major party candidates and face-palm while shaking his head while they debate pointlessly. All the while ignoring the guy in the middle. I'd watch that. :rolleyes2 amidoinitrite? :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom