Poll: Marijuana Law Reform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you support allowing physician-authorized patients to consume therapeutic cannabis

• yes

Votes: 278 79.7%
  • no

Votes: 71 20.3%

• Total voters

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Largest ever longitudinal twin study of adolescent cannabis use finds no relationship between heavy use and IQ decline.
http://news.meta.com/2016/01/18/twinsstudy/

[Broken External Image]

Marijuana is used more than any other recreational drug, with recent trends toward greater social and legal acceptance in some regions. Concerns remain, however, about a possible causal relationship suggested in scientific studies between marijuana use and decline in IQ, particularly among adolescent users. Other analyses have found no or inconclusive evidence for a link between IQ decline and marijuana use. However, most prior research, regardless of conclusion, has suffered from small participant cohorts, absence of pre-use data, potential influence of confounding effects, or some combination of these factors.

A new study led by scientists from UCLA and the University of Minnesota attempts to examine the link between marijuana use and IQ in a larger context. Reporting in PNAS, the authors analyze results from two longitudinal studies of twins, with data from more than three thousand individuals from Southern California and Minnesota. Participants were tested in six cognitive areas at two time points: between 9-12 years of age, with follow-up between ages 17-20. Study subjects self-reported marijuana use and frequency, and additional information, including genetic data, family background, socioeconomic status and use of other substances was collected at each encounter.

The study also found no relationship between heavier or more frequent marijuana use and the magnitude of IQ decline.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Former Bears QB McMahon: 'Medicinal marijuana has been a godsend'

a.fssta.com_content_dam_fsdigital_fscom_nfl_images_2015_08_21_jim.vadapt.980.high.89.jpg

Former Bears quarterback Jim McMahon used medical marijuana to help him get off prescription painkillers.
Jan 29, 2016

A 15-year career with six different teams took its toll on former NFL quarterback Jim McMahon. Diagnosed with early onset dementia, the 56-year-old deals with headaches and several other debilitating symptoms of the disease on a daily basis.

When the prescription painkillers became too much, McMahon turned to medical marijuana -- something he considers a "godsend."

Well, I know medicinal marijuana has been a godsend for me. With my chronic pain, all my surgeries that I’ve had -- I’ve had arthritis -- it’s getting me through the day. I would hope the governor (Bruce Rauner of Illinois) would get on board with this. It’s helped so many people -- epileptics, cancer patients.

It definitely helps me every day. I use it every day, and it gets me through the day. I feel a heck of a lot better than I did when I had to take all those pain pills.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...juana-godsend-prescription-painkillers-012916

Curtis Sierra

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain from:http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/club-69/ . Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Matthew Bishop

New to the site!
Reaction score
There are million of weed related applications now a days and im just not entirely certain what the dependable onces are. At that point I ran over this one application from greenmed here https://www.greenmed.io/blog/cannabis-decriminalized-atlanta-kinda/ and it appears to be so well known to many individuals is it a put stock in application? What are your contemplations about it?

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am against any kind of legalization and am for Federal Sanctions and Charges against States, State Government Officials, Dealers and Persons in Possession of this Controlled Hazardous Substance.

I am 70 y.o. and have lived with progressively worsening. Rheumatoid Arthritis since age 23 with severe pain and stiffness. I also have migraines. I don’t use anything for pain stronger than aspirin.

My younger son started using that stuff covertly as a young teenager. Various Juvenile Offenses ensued with others who also used it in their own subculture. Later, kicked out of USMC for cannabinoids in a Hot Piss Test. Multiple Marijuana Possession Charges in Oklahoma Assigned to Drug Court but sanctioned for Hot Piss Tests now including Hard Drugs. 6 Years I’m OK Penal System. Released, Probation Revoked for Evading Police in Tulsa (probably had Drugs in Vehicle but ditched them during chase). Finished 4 more years on OK Penal System. Obtained Associates Degree Business, 4 Welding Certification. Released. Won’t work. Caught with Hard Drugs Possession. Back on Probation. Keeps Pissing Hot. Won’t go to Rehab. Says he NEEDS marijuana...... like a hole in his head! He’s headed back to the Pen. It all started with marijuana. I can’t even stand the scoundrel of the word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My thought is that anyone advocating for the legalization of drugs should first go work with those that have become addicted and are trying to get straight. From what some of them have told me, the addiction to drugs is horrible to break.

After seeing what they are going through, one might change their mind about legalization.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm against the government, or anyone else for that matter, dictating what my doctor and I deem to be appropriate care for whatever medical condition I may be dealing with.

Someone else's opinion on what should be available to my doctor to treat me should not be based on someone else's inability to control themselves ... or someone who does not understand how chronic, unrelenting pain affects the human body, both physiologically and psychologically.

Latest posts

Top Bottom