(possible) Stupid question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
fittings for flared fuel lines
possibly called inverted flare tube nut or inverted flare nut.

I get them off of fuel/transmission line that i buy from the auto store or off of brake line that i purchase.
or off of old parts and old cars.

I end up with a few of these as leftover pieces so free to me. if you had to buy them i would think 3 bucks or so would do it.

Some can be brass and some are steel.

Keep editing this..
If you need one for a .308 and are close enough to me i have a few spares.
reno and mustang rd.
Cheaper to head to the corner store and get them than it is to drive too far.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeda, consistency is really what you are paying for. My load in 260 chronographs at an ES of 13 and a SD of 5. For no brass prep other than primer pocket uniforming, thats just amazing. I have fired factory ammo across the chrono with a 200+ ES! Just remember, every load is the sum of ALL of its parts!

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeda, consistency is really what you are paying for. My load in 260 chronographs at an ES of 13 and a SD of 5. For no brass prep other than primer pocket uniforming, thats just amazing. I have fired factory ammo across the chrono with a 200+ ES! Just remember, every load is the sum of ALL of its parts!
Yes I want the most consistency possibly.
What's ES and SD?

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ES means extreme spread, the difference between the highest velocity and the lowest velocity. SD is standard deviation, it is the measure of the range of the samples from the average of them all.

The smaller these numbers are, the more consistent the velocity is. That will make shot to shot accuracy better at a longer distance.

It is using statistics and physics to load more accurate ammo. You know, using that high school math that most people think is stupid when they are in high school and then don't even know they are using it when they grow up.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha I'll be happy if my ES is 100.
But in due time I'll see.

I have a chrono that I seldom use. It is good to have for load development. After that you don't need it again until you change the load. You can get a simple chrono and do the math with an excel sheet on your laptop. A caculator would work too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom