Post up this years predators.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
got this one at the end of September at a little over 200 yards. there are still quite a few running around my area. im just waiting till next week after Christmas. got my kid a single shot .223 for Christmas, so i plan on taking him out next week. oh woops, i mean its from Santa!

i1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd431_Abs0luteEviL_coyote1.jpg

Attachments

• coyote1.jpg
    coyote1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 124

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son and I went out tonight and made 3 stands. 1st one blanked. Called in one on the second stand and I got my first called coyote of this season. Walked another 1/2 mile down the Cimmaron and called another spot for the last stand of the day. I did some howls on an open reed caller and had one answer down in the thick stuff along the river that sounded close. I was using a little call, not a howler, so the howls were high pitched and the coyote answering sounded like a male showing dominance. Figured it would be good. I waited a minute and started the jack rabbit distress and it hadn't played for a minute when Shane shot. I didn't hear the whop of the bullet and looked over my left shoulder and a coyote was coming straight at us on the run. I started trying to turn and get on him and hollering at him and he finally stopped about 15 yrds behind me and right in front of Shane. He put him down on the second shot. His first was at the coyote moving and was a clean miss but that dominant male just kept coming in. I started pup yelps soon as he shot him and then went back to distress sounds in about a minute. Since it was the last stand of the night, I figured we would stay till too dark to shoot. After about 10 more minutes, another coyote came in on my side and I yelled to stop him and I swear had a good clean shot at him broadside and was watching the crosshairs when the gun went off. I could not believe I didn't hear the bullet hit and the coyote trotted off like seemingly unconcerned. Clean miss as far as I can tell. Would have been nice to get 3 but I have been lots of days with none. Shane's coyote pic was after dark and I only had a little pocket flashlight so the pic stinks.
[Broken External Image]

i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_ChristEveCoyotejpg.jpg

C

Caleb

got this one at the end of September at a little over 200 yards. there are still quite a few running around my area. im just waiting till next week after Christmas. got my kid a single shot .223 for Christmas, so i plan on taking him out next week. oh woops, i mean its from Santa!

i1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd431_Abs0luteEviL_coyote1.jpg

Love the gun, and nice yote.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going again in the morning, with a coworker thats never done any calling, hope to get him a cat or yote. Try to post some pics tomorrow of some I've killed so far this fall/winter, hopefully we'll add to that tomorrow!

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Called this male in this morning on the 2nd stand. Shot him at 10 feet with the 17hmr, he ran about 40 yards before crashing.
Batteries went dead on my next stand.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom