Post up this years predators.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice Phillip. I have been noticing that a lot more coyotes are running right up to the call this year instead of circling. I have shot one at 225 but all the rest have been close. I would have more fur if I had carried a shotgun on every stand instead of the rifle.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Generally I leave them where they fall.
Me too. I used to skin them but it is lots of work and not much money these days. If I get a pretty one and have someone wanting a tanned hide or a coyote skin hat or something, I will still skin one but not very often. They will make you gag till you get used to skinning them. Here is a pic of my skinning shed from the old days. Still have the shed but not the piles of carcasses. That is Shane, my calling partner of late, in the pic and he is 24 now.
i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_Scan_Pic0046.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that bobcat alive?
Yes it was. Got a lot of visitors looking at it. Kept it alive till the last day of bobcat season to collect urine. I used bobcat urine for most of my sets and it would catch coyotes or cats or coons, etc. Fed him rabbits and squirrels. He would start growling as soon as you touched the door to the shed.

philipxhuff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have trslabaugh member on here clean the skull if it's an old or unique coyote. I havnt shot one with an interesting enough pelt worth going through the trouble to tan the hide.

This is one I shot last year that was so old it didn't have any bottom front teeth
i9.photobucket.com_albums_a95_philipxhuff_158830a8.jpg

Tyler slabaugh phone number is
405 659 7303 if anyone wants a clean skull or European mount

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it was. Got a lot of visitors looking at it. Kept it alive till the last day of bobcat season to collect urine. I used bobcat urine for most of my sets and it would catch coyotes or cats or coons, etc. Fed him rabbits and squirrels. He would start growling as soon as you touched the door to the shed.

That's awesome. My girlfriend told me I catch a coyote or bobcat in my trap to bring it home before I kill it so she can see it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom