Powder and bullets for deer season are you ready?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Got boolits need truck ............... waiting on a stupid part to by pass the silly secondary fuel system ...... Hoping USPS does not decide to take the scenic route with my part and it arrives on Thursday as scheduled LOL.
If not I may just be pissy and drink all weekend :sunbath:
Sooo I guess pissy and drunk it is!!:cry11: Guess I will make lemonade and go take my Ham test !! With a hang over:sunbath::cool:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm assuming that was with one of your 100+ year old Swedish model 1896 Mausers ?

Buck or doe ?......aprox. range ?
Yes it was one of the old ones with all the wood.
little buck with one 4" straight antler on one side and a 7" tall 2 prong on the other side.
There was a doe and him and a big antlered buck with them that I did not see until i shot the funky spike.
I had just walked 600 yards to get to the area I wanted to hunt and kept my eyes peeled and tried to go slow and not crunch the leaf litter on the ground.
I get to a spot that is a small open field with wild black berry bushes in the middle of it.

We call it the berry patch.
Those deer were on the far side of it eating grass with heads down when I peaked around the corner to scan the field.
Standing up I took the shot, the deer was quartered facing me with head down.
90 yards.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still hoping you score with this combo. Am interested to hear how the 108 Scenars did for you.
It performed perfectly. Turned a set of lungs into jelly this morning with a 1" exit hole that spewed enough blood a blind person could have followed the trail.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6.5 creedmore shooting a 108 grain Lapua Scenar HPBT from a Ruger American bolt gun. First bolt gun I've hunted whitetail with in many years.
My dad has a ruger American in 6.5 manbun as well. It’s a darn shooter!!! We’ve taken it out to 400+yds and it’s accurate as hell! Love it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad has a ruger American in 6.5 manbun as well. It’s a darn shooter!!! We’ve taken it out to 400+yds and it’s accurate as hell! Love it.
I was pretty shocked at how accurate it was right out of the box for a $500 rifle. Of course, it got a first focal plane Vortex on it which doesn't hurt in the accuracy department.

Latest posts

Top Bottom