Powdered G2 Gatorade - where to get in bulk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not seen G2 in bulk form. They do have the 20 oz G2 powders at wal mart. I drink G2 in the summer when I am in the shop because I am diabetic and can't drink regular gatorade or sody pops, I have to drink diet drinks if I want something fizzy. Otherwise it is water and tea which gets friggin old after a while.

Sadly, I think this is true. I've called a few places and checked online at pretty much every place I can find and Gatorade is out there in powdered form in quantities big enough to fill a swimming pool, but G2 just doesn't seem to be except in the 20oz packets.

G2 has quite a bit less sugar in it than Gatorade regular - which is important to me (that and its got a boatload less calories).

Thanks for everyone's input. I think I'm going to check out the home-made options next.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So after figuring out that G2 isn't really anymore affordable in powdered form, I looked into recipes for making Gatorade and its surprisingly easy.

With about $.40 worth of Kool-Aid, some Morton Salt Substitute, some Baking Powder, and about 1/2 the sugar that the Kool-Aid calls for (1 cup instead of 2), you too can have 4 quarts of low-sugar (low-calorie), Aspertame-free, Electrolyte(the stuff plants crave)-filled goodness.

I'm at well under $1 per 4 quart pitcher, its got electrolytes (potassium, sodium, etc.) and the kids can't tell the difference between this stuff and Gatorade G2 (other than the new flavors they have available to them).

With two boys in PeeWee football (and one needing to make weight due to the running-back weight limit), we go through about 4 quarts every day for 3 days that they practice (and two of the off-days we run and typically drink around 4 quarts then as well).

Some of the recipes I saw call for citric acid or (I think) lemon or lime extract. Might have to try some of that out as well.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure.

Recently, I've started using:

4Qts Water
2x 2Qt Kool-Aid Packages (the $.20 ones without any sugar/sweetner in them - my favorites in this thing so far are lemon-lime, grape, lemonade, cherry, and fruit-punch)
1 cup of sugar (the normal amount called for is 1 cup per 2Qt package, so you can feel free to add more than 1 cup to your taste)
1/2 teaspoon Morton Salt Substitute (potassium Chloride / Fumaric Acid)
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder (sodium Aluminum sulfate / Acid phosphate of calcium)
1/4 teaspoon iodized salt (you can use sea salt, but its usually not iodized)

I've only recently started using the fake salt from Morton (before I just used 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt). It tastes a little different to me since the recent change, but the kids still seem to love it. Basically, when you google recipes for this stuff, you get tons of folks doing different things - I tried to make sure I was getting all the right electrolytes and acids (wikipedia and a few other sources helped to enlighten me a bit), and so far this seems to be a good mix.

I've read that you can add citric acid (and I've read that folks are using lemon or lime extract, but I don't think that contains nearly as much citric acid as the lemon-juice). So my next step is to go get some real lime (or lemon) juice and add it to the mix.

The game this last weekend was Saturday at 1PM and it was around 98+ degrees (we had very little shade and my boys both had to get out in the sun early for warm-up and both played 3+ quarters of football in the heat). So far, we've stayed hydrated through the games and the running/practicing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom