Practical/Action rifle question (well sort of)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend and I were talking about practical rifle shooting. We were trying to make up a silly combo of rifle pistol to bring out and shoot. We thought it would be funny to show up in a WWII uniform with a M1 Carbine and G.I. .45 and shoot. Then we hit on an idea. A practical/action (not 100% sure of the difference but I figure practical is like IDPA and action is close to uspsa) rifle match with a couple of extra divisions. One could be WWII with the M1 Gerand M1 Carbine and .45. Another could be an old west style with colt peacemaker type pistols and lever action Winchester style rifles. Just a thought and wanted to see what people think. I know you guys will only be polite and not tell me how you really feel

:lmfao:

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen M1 garand/45 1911 plenty of times at the practical rifle match at the Oil Capital clb in Tulsa area.
You should try it: first Sat of every month.
Cowboy stuff is not used at this match but ww2 stuff is great. If you want to wear ww2 gear as well, more power to you..be prepared for lots of "wow that's cool" comments.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking about trying the match with an M1 carbine. It was more of a post about applying this style shooting to historical weapons. Most historical shoots are more static target type things.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot my M1 Carbine the last time I went out. I plan on shooting it the next time I can make it. I currently don't own a .45. I'm not dressing in WWII clothing.:phone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom