Practical Jokes at Work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy of mine parked his car in the shop while he was out on a job. I wired his horn to his brake pedal. He gets in the car and as he was leaving the parking lot, a car was coming, so he hit the brakes. Toooooo funny! It took him a while to figure that one out.

Another buddy of mine needed a clutch in his truck. I offerred to do it for $100 plus parts. He lived 45 minutes away from me and I told him I would do it in one day. Cheap bastard decided to do it himself. He called me three times a day asking me to help him on the phone, come over and help, blah blah blah. After about two weeks, he finally got it done. The first night he drove it to work, I put the truck on blocks with the rear tires barely off the ground. You should have seen his face when he dumped the clutch and tried to back out of the parking lot. It was priceless.

Thunder35

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a few welding rods and bet someone that they can't bend them with the back of their neck...then laugh when all the flux goes down the back of their shirt.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tape over the mouse lazer.

Sneakily shut off the propane on a forklift while in use.

Put a fitting in an empty antifreeze jug, lid on tight, hook up air hose, slide it under/near someone working, hook hose up to supply. Big badda boom!

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Swap out the m and w keys on your secretary's keyboard... Especially great if she can't type real good and looks at the keyboard as she types...

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put a script in the startup folder of a co-workers profile on one machine. Every time she'd log in the machine would restart, anyone else could log in and it would be fine. We were working in an IT shop, so she should have been able to trouble shoot this quickly and move on with her day. But one of the reason's we picked on her was she was incredibly incompetent, and pretended to know everything. It took her an entire shift, and she still couldn't figure it out, a co-worker had to fix it for her.

jbro78

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hot day on the job site people leave there windows down on there car, a little grease across the wiper blade and reach in and turn on the wipers and wait for them to start there car!!!!

Also guys used to carry the the there plastic lunch boxes, kindly take there lunch out and screw the box down to the wood plank it was setting on and then put the lunch back in!!!!

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When good pranks go bad.

A guy I knew did software maintenance for the Air Force. This required him to go out on the ramp and get on the planes on occasion. Well to do this you have to have a special badge, and the m-16 toting guards are usually all business when it comes to verifying civilian's badges and letting them out there. One of this guy's coworkers decided it would be funny to tape a pic of a cat over the photo on his badge. Well long story short, he didn't even look at his badge before he gave it to the guard for inspection. This resulted in him layed out on the tarmac, in cuffs, with multiple guns drawn, pointing at him. LOL He ended up spending a couple hours in the Brig while his supervisor sorted the whole mess out. I don't think anyone was fired but I bet they were chewed up one side and down the other for all the trouble they caused. I was told that was the end of the pranks out there for those guys.

I enjoy the fairly harmless pranks. If someone leaves there computer unlocked, changing their IM messaging status to something funny.(usually takes a week or two to notice) Or taking a screen shot of their computer, hiding all their icons and setting it as their background and then laughing and mocking them when they can figure it out. Replacing pics that they have on their desk with photoshopped replicas is usually good for a laugh too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom