Practical shooting ranges in/around Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red castle’s indoor is a great place to go put rounds thru a handgun inside out of the weather.
They are restrictive regarding things like drawing, turning etc but I dry train gun handling at home. Dry fire etc. I use that range time for load testing, function and shooting groups.
You can find out how well your sights work in a variety of light levels including using your weapon lights.
The right half of lanes allow shooting to 15 yards, the left side to 25 yards.
We thought that the RCGC leadership was crazy for building the indoor range when they started over 20 years ago. It took many years to complete and pass the inspections, and a lot of volunteer work during that time. But it turned out very nicely, and we are big fans of the indoor range.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get back on the list at Oil Cap and Red Castle.

Man, it's downright depressing seeing what USSA has become after what it once was. And I think they stopped matches altogether there. They sold off the 360 rifle bay to the county sheriff I think, and the owners have really pizzed a lot of people off. They are :screwy: Or were, maybe it's changed hands again. Dunno, I quit too.

Yes and I’m one of them that will not return 😡

cmeilahn

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
We’ve been in Tulsa for 3 years now. I’m a member at Red Castle. I like the indoor range and outdoor opened up pretty quickly for me, but I’ve heard that it varies. Definitely good value for the $, and for me, worth the waitlist. I also tried an annual membership at Frontier Justice since they’re only a couple miles away. It’s a beautiful indoor range and will probably extend when it comes due. I’ve heard good things about Oil Capital and Snake Creek but haven’t been yet.

bas402

Bolt Shooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally don’t like the way red castle membership is done, it’s a racket and a way to soak potential members but that’s just me. I belong to Snake Creek which is a great range w/ multiple disciplines, and Recon by Fire for my precision long range needs

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally don’t like the way red castle membership is done, it’s a racket and a way to soak potential members but that’s just me. I belong to Snake Creek which is a great range w/ multiple disciplines, and Recon by Fire for my precision long range needs
Does Snake Creek allow drawing from the holster? Moving and shooting? Setting up multiple targets?

I’ve been very spoiled the past 10 years because I’ve always had access to private bays where I can mostly do whatever I want.

bas402

Bolt Shooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does Snake Creek allow drawing from the holster? Moving and shooting? Setting up multiple targets?

I’ve been very spoiled the past 10 years because I’ve always had access to private bays where I can mostly do whatever I want.
I think you can if you set it up with them I’m the pistol/cabine area, you can call them and find out, but you can’t just do what you want, you won’t find that freedom at any range in OK 🤣. They have 3 great Sporting Clay ranges, Wobble, 5 stand, and a new Skeet range

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you can if you set it up with them I’m the pistol/cabine area, you can call them and find out, but you can’t just do what you want, you won’t find that freedom at any range in OK 🤣. They have 3 great Sporting Clay ranges, Wobble, 5 stand, and a new Skeet range
Time was, you could at USSA. Alas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom