Practical shooting ranges in/around Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m gonna live in Oklahoma again. Glad to be coming back. But where do I practice USPSA/IDPA-type shooting?

Oil Capital was always on a waitlist, and still is. I was a Red Castle member years ago but they’re on a waitlist now. Alpha Training Academy in Pryor appears to have closed.

USSA…has lost my business. I was a member there for a long time (through 3 different owners) but I no longer care to give them my money considering recent events.

So where do people go now?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get back on the list at Oil Cap and Red Castle.

Man, it's downright depressing seeing what USSA has become after what it once was. And I think they stopped matches altogether there. They sold off the 360 rifle bay to the county sheriff I think, and the owners have really pizzed a lot of people off. They are :screwy: Or were, maybe it's changed hands again. Dunno, I quit too.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get back on the list at Oil Cap and Red Castle.

Man, it's downright depressing seeing what USSA has become after what it once was. And I think they stopped matches altogether there. They sold off the 360 rifle bay to the county sheriff I think, and the owners have really pizzed a lot of people off. They are :screwy: Or were, maybe it's changed hands again. Dunno, I quit too.
Same. Was trying to get over to Frontier Justice to check it out, but wasn't able to get anyone in the house to move their butts today, and since the doctors won't allow me to drive anymore dude to syncope issues I'm friggin stuck.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m gonna live in Oklahoma again. Glad to be coming back. But where do I practice USPSA/IDPA-type shooting?

Oil Capital was always on a waitlist, and still is. I was a Red Castle member years ago but they’re on a waitlist now. Alpha Training Academy in Pryor appears to have closed.

USSA…has lost my business. I was a member there for a long time (through 3 different owners) but I no longer care to give them my money considering recent events.

So where do people go now?
Welcome back,
The ussa range, how sad it is.
The vision, work, planning and effort that was put into that range to watch it go tits up..
Anyway I wound up getting an indoor range membership to RCGC and soon afterwards was able to get an outdoor range membership also.
Took about two years.
If you’re close to Tulsa red castle is a good choice.

RangerRick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you might check out snake creek, i think they are in Beggs, don't know anything about them but the location.
luckily i got a membership to oil capital a couple of years ago, really close for me. and also as was stated get on oil capital wait list.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome back,
The ussa range, how sad it is.
The vision, work, planning and effort that was put into that range to watch it go tits up..
Anyway I wound up getting an indoor range membership to RCGC and soon afterwards was able to get an outdoor range membership also.
Took about two years.
If you’re close to Tulsa red castle is a good choice.
That may be the way I go.

I’ll live close to the indoor range so it’ll be a convenient place to join anyhow. I was a member around the time they built it, and I recall that it was a nice little range.

Also the ranges at WMAs if you have a hunting license. Not the greatest, but an option.
Like the Wagoner range?

I’ve read enough news stories about dudes getting mugged for their guns out there that I don’t care to risk it 😂

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That may be the way I go.

I’ll live close to the indoor range so it’ll be a convenient place to join anyhow. I was a member around the time they built it, and I recall that it was a nice little range.

Like the Wagoner range?

I’ve read enough news stories about dudes getting mugged for their guns out there that I don’t care to risk it 😂
Red castle’s indoor is a great place to go put rounds thru a handgun inside out of the weather.
They are restrictive regarding things like drawing, turning etc but I dry train gun handling at home. Dry fire etc. I use that range time for load testing, function and shooting groups.
You can find out how well your sights work in a variety of light levels including using your weapon lights.
The right half of lanes allow shooting to 15 yards, the left side to 25 yards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom