prepper arguements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder how your son got the idea that the Sandy folks are doing fine. Apparently because the news reporters all got bored with reporting the same old stories every day? It's hard to tell but I find it hard to believe that they're "doing fine".

But the kids have no idea about how quickly this house of cards will collapse. Quite frankly, the one who's been derisive of our preparation work has been excluded from the sitreps and has been told to expect not being welcomed or accepted if he shows up at the gate. (Fact is, he hasn't been told where the gate is but I imagine he'll learn it eventually from his brothers.)

I doubt I could turn him away in actuality, but we will have a come to Jesus meeting before he's allowed in (if he makes it there).

Redriverboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good advice from BB.

I dont really prep for a total government collapse/rebuild type of shtf, rather, natural disaster type preps. BTW i do have a plan for govt collapse, i just dont talk about it with my little sheeple family.
yea im beside ya on that part my fiancé and her family still think its overboard though *sigh* but all I can say is those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to remember that the NatGeo show is full of a bunch of idiots who are mostly actors. Do some research on it; people are saying that "I would never do that but they offered me $xxxx to do it and threatened me with not being on the show if I didn't".

Loonies all, but the point of the whole series is to put down the silliness that people should prepare for emergencies.

How quaint.

rmark

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Theres a big gap between business as usual with reliable utilities and a well stocked walmart (bau), unreliable utilities and intermittent shortages (shtf), and no infastructure with widespread tribal warfare (teotwawki). SHTF is just a tornado or financial crisis away but falling to TEOTWAWKI is pretty unlikely around here.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something that my dad told me years ago. A quote from Mark Twain that goes something like this:

"When I was 17, my father was the stupidest man around. He knew nothing of the world. When I became 21, I was amazed at how much he had learned in those 4 years!!"

I'm pretty sure he told me that around the time I was 17 and it did stick.

My wife isn't the biggest prepper in the world. She gave me crap about the generator and my tinkering with it, and having a decent wood pile,etc....Until the Ice Storm two years ago. Then, I went from being the "crazy generator man" to someone with "some real smarts".

Dave

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something that my dad told me years ago. A quote from Mark Twain that goes something like this:

"When I was 17, my father was the stupidest man around. He knew nothing of the world. When I became 21, I was amazed at how much he had learned in those 4 years!!"

I'm pretty sure he told me that around the time I was 17 and it did stick.

My wife isn't the biggest prepper in the world. She gave me crap about the generator and my tinkering with it, and having a decent wood pile,etc....Until the Ice Storm two years ago. Then, I went from being the "crazy generator man" to someone with "some real smarts".

Dave

:lookaroun Scott?!!?!? :rollingla

A very similar conversation occurred at our house back in 2007 ... :grumble:

Latest posts

Top Bottom