prepper arguements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My granparents grew up in the depression era. Dirt poor sharecroppers with a large family to feed. They survived, not everyone did. I remember the cellar they had built by hand. Rough hewn shelves with row after row of canned goods, sacks of flour, onions, turnips and potatoes in bins, jars of honey from the beehives my grandpa kept. The raised their own beef, pork and poultry and butchered it themselves when the time came. It was all there and we always ate VERY well when we went to their house.

I don't see it as much these days, but you could always spot a depression survivor when they came through the airport. They always had food squirreled away on them. You could almost see it in their eyes if you looked hard enough.

Those people couldn't afford the luxury of normalcy bias, because it wouldn't fill their bellies. We'd all do well to keep this in mind for the future. I sure hope some of what I learned from my grandparents and parents stuck!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My gramma packed me and a few other guys a whole picnic basket full of sandwichs, apples, hard boiled eggs and cornbread when i shipped out for bootcamp. 21 Apr 84.

She said the depression didnt bother her, it was being hungry that was hard.

Lowlight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if you can convince a non-prepper that is convinced it won't happen. It's like trying to change someone's views on abortion, Christianity or gay marriage. People don't typically want to change because they are right and we are wrong. Just nod your head and say your probably right but keep on doing what is right, being prepared. And when you have the chance you can either say told you so or just be a bigger person and never say anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom