Preppers Show in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Enjoyable for a short while unless you are really into operating layouts. I like looking and watching but I'm not taking it up as a hobby. There were quite a few vendors with a selection of goods for the various gauges that people operate. Good quality stuff from all the usual makers. My wife and I bought our middle granddaughter's next birthday present - one of those wooden track layouts (think Brio) with a fairy princess theme.
Yeah I think they are fun to look at but never really wanted to build one myself. Have enough expensive hobbies as it is.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I think they are fun to look at but never really wanted to build one myself. Have enough expensive hobbies as it is.
We had an older gentleman that was a widower in town create an entire train system inside his home. He had walls made into bridges and overpasses, switch yards, and so on. The local newspaper reported on his hobby several times.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of model trains, this one dates back to the late '40's or early '50's. Not a Lionel, but a Marx brand, but like the Lionel, it is an "O" scale. While Lionel is a collector's brand, Marx was made for those of us who didn't have a lot of money.

When we sold our home and most of our possessions to move into an RV for traveling the country, this is one thing that I refused to rid myself of in the downsizing. While it isn't set up yet, we may find a way to put it together inside a clear case and put somewhere in the RV.

DSC_9340.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom