Preseason Starts Tonight on CBS ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry for the hijack. This probably goes in the Food for the Poors thread.

We had something like that Samp when I was a kid but definitely without all the spices.
I don't think it had a name and it started with corn cut off the cob, not from a can (we had a big garden).
We thought it was delicious.
But anything that didn't eat us first, was delicious.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t worry about them. They’re too busy watching soccer, doing each other’s hair, and drinking Bud Light.

BTW, pre-season started two weeks ago, and that sounds like an awesome dinner.
That was harsh, I wonder if they'll be able to "mount" a rebuttal

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry for the hijack. This probably goes in the Food for the Poors thread.

We had something like that Samp when I was a kid but definitely without all the spices.
I don't think it had a name and it started with corn cut off the cob, not from a can (we had a big garden).
We thought it was delicious.
But anything that didn't eat us first, was delicious.

Right??!?! Us, too. Grumpy wouldn't even try it. It was delicious. I'll definitely make it again.

Tomorrow I'm making a some egg and potato fritters. He won't try them either but I'm covered up with eggs and need to use ALL of them. Lol Everybody in all the chicken groups on FB are going on and on about how their hens have stopped laying in this heat and my girls haven't missed a beat. But then I don't treat my chickens like some of those folks do ... People trying tl figure out how to not water every day. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 I'm like it's 105 and you want to leave them out there with water that is every bit 90F and then some?? No wonder your girls aren't laying. I got tossed out of one group for being a "froo-froo chicken lady" ... 😂😂😂😂😂 Goofballs ... 🤷🤷

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right??!?! Us, too. Grumpy wouldn't even try it. It was delicious. I'll definitely make it again.

Tomorrow I'm making a some egg and potato fritters. He won't try them either but I'm covered up with eggs and need to use ALL of them. Lol Everybody in all the chicken groups on FB are going on and on about how their hens have stopped laying in this heat and my girls haven't missed a beat. But then I don't treat my chickens like some of those folks do ... People trying tl figure out how to not water every day. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 I'm like it's 105 and you want to leave them out there with water that is every bit 90F and then some?? No wonder your girls aren't laying. I got tossed out of one group for being a "froo-froo chicken lady" ... 😂😂😂😂😂 Goofballs ... 🤷🤷
Egg and Potato fritter😍

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, no fair not posting in the he cooking thread and listing your recipe. Looks great, I like creamed corn, never thought about jazzing it up much. What did you spoon into it before to saute and and after to soak in the flavor?

Latest posts

Top Bottom