Preseason Starts Tonight on CBS ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did I say?? 😂😂😂😂 I swear THIS is why women stay single after their old man kicks the bucket! 😉😂😂😂😘
Sorry, but I've been... avoiding? ignoring?... the NFL most of my adult life. So my self-imposed 'boycott' has nothing to do with the current state of affairs.

Long ago, I was an avid - rabid? - LA Rams fan ('60s, era of the Fearsome Foursome). And I still love college football, since it is at least nominally still a sport. But in the early '70s pro level football was turning into a business. And just a business. By the end of that decade, it was so far gone in that direction that it would obviously never return.

So I turned to other venues for my education, edification, and entertainment.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, but I've been... avoiding? ignoring?... the NFL most of my adult life. So my self-imposed 'boycott' has nothing to do with the current state of affairs.

Long ago, I was an avid - rabid? - LA Rams fan ('60s, era of the Fearsome Foursome). And I still love college football, since it is at least nominally still a sport. But in the early '70s pro level football was turning into a business. And just a business. By the end of that decade, it was so far gone in that direction that it would obviously never return.

So I turned to other venues for my education, edification, and entertainment.
Oh I understand ... I'm a casual watcher now (see: I thought this was the first game and we are 2 weeks into the preseason. 🤦🤦🤦🤦)

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, no fair not posting in the he cooking thread and listing your recipe. Looks great, I like creamed corn, never thought about jazzing it up much. What did you spoon into it before to saute and and after to soak in the flavor?

Ok I browned the butter BUT just a little bit. Then I added the onions I diced really small and garlic I ran thru one of those crusher thingees into the butter and sauteed everything until the onions were soft and clear but not browned. Oh yeah, I seasoned that with thyme and a bay leaf, and a little salt and cracked white pepper while it was sitting with the lid on.

Then I added the corn and let it simmer, with a little bit more butter and some (I think I put in 2 big spoonfuls. I might do 3 next time) cream cheese. Put the lid back on. Turn the heat down so it doesn't stick.

Drain the hominy ( I used white but I kinda think the yellow might be a bit more flavorful so I'm gonna try it next time). I chopped it up in the food processor -- the whole kernels were chopped up into quarters or thirds. Like the size of aquarium gravel or a little larger.🤷🤷 Sorry best description I can come up with right off the top of my head. Lol

Add the hominy. Add a little bit more butter. You can thin it with a little heavy cream if you need to but I didn't. Taste. Add more salt and pepper, and butter as needed. Heat thru. I left the bay leaf in because I wanna see how the leftovers turn out but you can take it out if you want. Eat from the pan so you don't have any dishes (just the skillet and your spoon) to wash. 🤗🤗 Lol

Enjoy!! It was really good. I can see me making this in winter and having just a bowl of this and some toasted homemade sourdough bread. I miss working but it is good to have spare time at home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom