primer sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wideners has Wolf large and small pistol primers and probably some others for 18.00/1000 or 90.00/5000. and they show to be in stock.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Wolf primers? I have never used them myself and was wondering if anyone had anything negative to say about them. $18.99 is damn cheap per 1k primers...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used a bunch of the SRM in my .223 loads with no issues. Wolf primers are pretty hard but should work in most guns. They are probably a smidgin harder than CCIs. Some striker fired pistols will have a misfire with them and an extrapower striker spring will be a good idea. But quality wise I've not had an issue.

Donald

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know of several Benchrest shooters that use the Wolf SRM primers and have had good luck with them. I have both SRM and LR Wolf. Using the LR in my K31 Swiss reloads I get about 1 missfire in ever 5-8 rounds. They usually go off with the second strike. Firing pin protrusion is ok, seating depth is ok. Just some won't go off on the first strike. Not good if you are competing in a match. Not impressed with the LR Wolf, but it still could be the cases or soft firing pin strike. Just don't load up on them until you try some.

Donald

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use them mostly for my practice rounds and CCI for matches. However, really haven't noticed a difference in the SPP and LPP. $18 is a great deal, if anyone wants to do a group buy in Tulsa holler.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use them mostly for my practice rounds and CCI for matches. However, really haven't noticed a difference in the SPP and LPP. $18 is a great deal, if anyone wants to do a group buy in Tulsa holler.

If you start up a group buy on these, let me know; I could be in for 2 or 3 thousand large pistol....

Latest posts

Top Bottom