Problems with Walther P22, firing pin not striking...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a second hand 5" P22 for my son, when we went to shoot it, well it wouldn't. We were shooting CCI Maxi-Mag .22 LR, but the firing pin wasn't even making a mark on the rim. FP spring wore out or mayne the FP isn't long enough (A co-worker actually had this happen with a P22 and had to send it back). Thoughts?

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my wife let hers get so dirty that the pin got stuck a couple years ago. a good lecture on gun cleaning & the problem mysteriously went away. hers seems to have very few misfires with rem golden bullet.

okievarmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up a second hand 5" P22 for my son, when we went to shoot it, well it wouldn't. We were shooting CCI Maxi-Mag .22 LR, but the firing pin wasn't even making a mark on the rim. FP spring wore out or mayne the FP isn't long enough (A co-worker actually had this happen with a P22 and had to send it back). Thoughts?
That may be your problem right there...Ain't Maxi-Mag .22 magnum? You may have meant Mini-Mag.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet that the magazine safety is malfunctioning, mine did that after a couple hundred rounds, took several hours to figure out how to disable it, if I remember right the trigger spring has to be re-bent if you take it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom