Proposed Regulation Changes for ODWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what i was thinking

I believe there are two thought processes with it. Possibly more, I just can't think of them.

1 - In management terms. Baiting does absolutely nothing to help achieve any management plans or goals. If sickness ever strikes the heard or flock then this is just a vector to spread it very rapidly. There is also the chance of bringing in non native seeds and starting a stand of an undesired plant.

2 - It is illegal to shoot a turkey over bait. Regardless as to whether you know it is standing over bait or not. So if you have no idea that the turkey you are fixing to shoot is standing over a corn pile that someone else put out. It is still your problem.

Baiting on public land has really taken off in recent years. It is tough to get out on some public areas without coming across somebodies corn pile anymore.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kaw WMA leases land to farmers, for crops, requiring them to leave a certain percentage for wildlife. I don't see the difference in hunting over a field of crops, or throwing out a bag of corn. Btw bagged corn is required to carry a tag listing the percentage of noxious seeds. It's typically 0 or almost nonexistent.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that I hunt public much anymore, or ever really baited it when I did. But why would u want to restrict baiting on public only? If you are against baiting wouldn't you be against it completely, private included?

Probably to reduce the number of conflicts. Some people seem to think that they own a particular spot on public land and get upset if someone else shows up.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably to reduce the number of conflicts. Some people seem to think that they own a particular spot on public land and get upset if someone else shows up.

Now this I can see, but it's no different than hanging a stand all year and saying this spot is taken. What difference does the corn pile make. Honestly I use to like seeing them, just find the trail headed toward it and set up about 100 yards up the trail from the guy and cut him off... He can have his spot :)

Now the spread of deases argument gets kind of old. How many deer do u see bunched up in a small
Area feeding on natural food sources... Under a single oak tree, persimmon patch etc. Not really any different being grouped up around a feeder than grouped up under an oak tree.

But this isn't a baiting debate so carry on.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turkey pops must be way down huh? I hunt in Garfield Co. so no change for me but the rest of the Northern counties will only get one Tom too.
Parity!

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i want to see the bow tags go threw the entire season. unless i missed something, but from what i read on my tag it says 11/11/2011 to 12/31/2011.

this is my third year to bow hunt and last year i made the mistake by not having "new tags" in January. the year before (my first year to bow hunt) i got a doe and buck before January, so i never really paid attention to the dates. or am i just crying over spilt milk....

is there a reason it is seperated in yrs other than to make another $20 off me and others??

Latest posts

Top Bottom