Public Land Bucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am new to hunting of any sort. As my friend and I talk about finding a lease I am still talking about public land. His main concern is theft. Has anyone had any issues with stands and such being taken from public lands. he also is very concerned about overcrowding. To me it seems that eveyone is concerned about that so everyone stays away from public lands, which in my mind means that there might actually be very few people on the public lands. any thoughts?

Crowded during gunseason weekends for sure. Not so bad during gun season week days sometimes. Not a lot of folks out there during archery season, especially on the week days. I dont EVER leave my climber out on public land. Good way for it to be gone when you get back.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
what happened to downdeep's pics? ok, lets get it going again. we have some new hunters to oklahoma. lets show em that big deer live on public lands.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NICE Bucks!!!
never killed anything on public lands... didn't do enough leg work finding out remote spots.

super lucky to have access to 120 acres of pristine Indian lands. Me and my deer hunting buddy are the only ones that hunts on that land.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are some nice deer. I have killed several deer bowhunting public land but never a big buck. Just does and small bucks. I have never rifle hunted public except on a draw at Canton about 20 yrs ago.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hunted Ft. Supply almost 20 years ago several times during December. Saw lots of deer, several nice bucks but they always seemed to be half-racks. Deer trails through the tall grass along creeks going to wheat fields were quite impressive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom