Pujols watch.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10 year contract is ridiculous. He'll be wearing dentures by the time it expires.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Cubs get him, but I'd prefer Fielder.

He'd be right at 42, since he was born January 16, 1980 in the Dominican and getting ready to turn 32. That really mean's he's somewhere around 38.

I though the Cardinals offer of 9 years $195mil was pretty good.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10 year contract for a hitter thats 32, post steroids is insane. Last 5 years of that contract will be hell. Just look at A Rod, he is making a killing and not worth anywhere near it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys ever heard of Nolan Ryan? Tommy John? Rickey Henderson? How about Charlie Hough?

They all played over 20 years. Nolan Ryan was damn near 50 years old when he quit. Just sayin...

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys ever heard of Nolan Ryan? Tommy John? Rickey Henderson? How about Charlie Hough?

They all played over 20 years. Nolan Ryan was damn near 50 years old when he quit. Just sayin...

But they didn't play day in and day out (the pitchers) and Rickey probably didn't play much more than 120 games a season for the last several years of his career. For that kind of money he better be playing 145 plus games a year for the length of the contract, which he probably won't for the last several years of the deal.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sucks because it's going to take 10 years to do it but he'll stay in the Lou. I fear the last 5 years of that contract but if the Cards don't do it someone else will. I sure hope he stays healthy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom