Purposing a pistol season along with muzzle loading season.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can make your own "pistol season" during the gun season, and you can use any of the below. So if you want your own special season what are the dates, and what season might become split or reduced.

Centerfire handguns: Chambered for .24 caliber or larger and 100 grain or heavier soft-nosed bullet having an overall cartridge case length of 1 1/4 inches or longer are legal (.357 or larger) and a minimum barrel length of four (4) inches.

Semi-automatic handguns: Chambered for any centerfire ammunition with a 100-grain or heavier soft-nosed bullet and having a cartridge case size of .40 caliber or larger (includes 10 mm, .357 Sig., and 40 cal. or larger) and a minimum barrel length of four (4) inches.

Handguns chambered for any centerfire rifle ammunition: Chambered for any centerfire rifle ammunition using at least a 55-grain soft-nosed bullet and having an overall cartridge case length of 1 1/4 inches or longer and a minimum barrel length of four (4) inches

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can make your own "pistol season" during the gun season, and you can use any of the below. So if you want your own special season what are the dates, and what season might become split or reduced.

Centerfire handguns: Chambered for .24 caliber or larger and 100 grain or heavier soft-nosed bullet having an overall cartridge case length of 1 1/4 inches or longer are legal (.357 or larger) and a minimum barrel length of four (4) inches.

Semi-automatic handguns: Chambered for any centerfire ammunition with a 100-grain or heavier soft-nosed bullet and having a cartridge case size of .40 caliber or larger (includes 10 mm, .357 Sig., and 40 cal. or larger) and a minimum barrel length of four (4) inches.

Handguns chambered for any centerfire rifle ammunition: Chambered for any centerfire rifle ammunition using at least a 55-grain soft-nosed bullet and having an overall cartridge case length of 1 1/4 inches or longer and a minimum barrel length of four (4) inches

+1 I don't see any benefit. I think Muzzleloader ought to be muzzleloader only. Pistol can be used during rifle season. And like others have said what is to keep me from using a .357 or 44 mag lever action. That would be almost the same as a 30/30 once again rifle season.

I personally would like to see a late season muzzleloader season.

Rhino55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 I don't see any benefit. I think Muzzleloader ought to be muzzleloader only. Pistol can be used during rifle season. And like others have said what is to keep me from using a .357 or 44 mag lever action. That would be almost the same as a 30/30 once again rifle season.

For one this would be for pistols and muzzle loaders only. I do like the idea of a late muzzle loader season.

larkinmusic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I like the idea of a late season muzzleloader season, especially if it is caplock or flintlock only, no inlines.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am confused. Why not just use your handgun during deer gun season? That is what I have done for the last 20 years or so.

If I am missing something it wont be the first time. :D

Hooker

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There is already a pistol season, it's call gun. I hunt with my pistols a lot during Oklahoma's deer gun season.
What I would rather see is a primitive firearms season. No inlines scopes sabots or smokeless powder. I like my inlines but lets face it other than reloading speed they aren't any different than modern cartridge firearms.
I don't mean for this to come off as offensive. but inlines are made for lazy folks. To lazy to maintain a traditional muzzle loader and to lazy to hunt with one.

Pat

Latest posts

Top Bottom