Pursuits ending in citizens injured

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So is it just me or is these high speed pursuits getting way out of hand, I could see if it were a murder suspect but a damn traffic infraction again that started this smfh

https://www.fox23.com/news/1-injure...cle_0c7ebad4-5257-11ef-b32a-2b93caddd895.html
Its ALL the runners fault. And heres why. IF LE gives up and stops chasing, it sens that signal to the other dirtbags. Just RUN and make it look dangerous and the popo will STOP chasing. That will lead to even more runners hoping for the chance of getting away. So add ALL charges to the runner as attempted murder etc.

Listening to chief after I commented saying they did try to back off and it added even more dirtbags to the town.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get you on that part, but at what point do you say it's not worth injuring innocent citizens just to make an arrest? Thus is a much lighter casualty incident thankfully but they have Leo departments out there doing pit maneuvers at 90 plus almost daily. Not to mention the tax dollars that we have to pay and not the dumbass criminal.

OneMoreEvan

Snake Eater
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Russ, you're wasting your time trying to explain anything about how cops should care about public safety more than giving someone a speeding ticket. Most people on this forum want Judge Dredd and The Punisher for patrol officers and don't care how much public damage is done and in turn paid for by taxpayers. More often than not a guy on a motorcycle isn't gonna be some big time drug runner or serial killer, so chasing him for a traffic violation is absolutely idiotic in my opinion.

OneMoreEvan

Snake Eater
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That concept has worked very well in California with shoplifting.
Going 5-10 over the speed limit has no victim. Stealing from a shop has a victim. Making a right turn without using a blinker has no victim. Walking out with a TV you didn't pay for has a victim. It really isn't complicated.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a chase back in the 80s involving OHP and a speeder. OHP ran smooth over a guy walking outside our plant. I'd love to provide a source, but there are no articles I've been able to find. I remember it well, my ex-wife even knew the trooper's family. Not sure if the speeder was caught, but the pedestrian died.
I guess one could justify it by saying, "he shouldn't have run" or, "they could have caught a serial killer, you never know", but I doubt the pedestrian's family would be much comforted in that.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a chase back in the 80s involving OHP and a speeder. OHP ran smooth over a guy walking outside our plant. I'd love to provide a source, but there are no articles I've been able to find. I remember it well, my ex-wife even knew the trooper's family. Not sure if the speeder was caught, but the pedestrian died.
I guess one could justify it by saying, "he shouldn't have run" or, "they could have caught a serial killer, you never know", but I doubt the pedestrian's family would be much comforted in that.
Not exactly looking for judge dredd rolling around out there, but some common sense and restraint would be nice haha

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TPD gets a ton of grief on their social media for not chasing the sport bikes that race the loop around the city at night. It's the right choice to not chase them, however the riders know it and capitalize on the fact that they are immune to a chase.

Latest posts

Top Bottom