Pursuits ending in citizens injured

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TPD gets a ton of grief on their social media for not chasing the sport bikes that race the loop around the city at night. It's the right choice to not chase them, however the riders know it and capitalize on the fact that they are immune to a chase.
I guess the main difference of views would be do you want the guy on the bike to maybe wad himself up, or have an almost guarantee that an officer and potentially innocent citizens get hurt in a pursuit. 🤷‍♂️

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What get me the most is how there is always some SOB,,,
Who will put on a straight face and say,,,
"We bear no responsibility for this,,,
He was just doing his job."

Aarond

And that part is frustrating, I screw up in my career and a 911 center or hospital goes down? Not thinking the "bear no responsibility" one would save my a** lol

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That 10 mph speeder runs into your family members car and kills them then you would be complaining the cops didn’t stop them😮‍💨😮‍💨
I'd most likely be complaining to the manufacturer of their Bronco about the crash rating if a mere 10mph over speed limit was the cause lol

AKA009

New to the site!
Reaction score
Again, speeding has no victim. Crashing into a vehicle has a victim. What is so complicated to understand about this?

It's not the speeding that is getting them chased, it's the "what did they do or what are they wanted for" that is making them run from a simple speeding ticket.

A majority of criminals are caught because of their traffic violations.

If someone is running from a simple speeding ticket then the logic is they are a criminal trying to avoid capture & jail.

I mean why run from such a speeding ticket, especially if your driving legally with car registered in your name. Unless you aren't a law abiding citizen driving with legal license and just murdered someone, then yeah let them run off to commit more crime.

Last edited:

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a problem with the Arkansas State Trooper who pitted the wrong car and it rolled over. Fortunately no one died in that. Trooper retired immediately.

Ya gotta be careful, boys in blue. Slow down a tad.

OneMoreEvan

Snake Eater
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not the speeding that is getting them chased, it's the "what did they do or what are they wanted for" that is making them run from a simple speeding ticket.

A majority of criminals are caught because of their traffic violations.

If someone is running from a simple speeding ticket then the logic is they are a criminal trying to avoid capture & jail.

I mean why run from such a speeding ticket, especially if your driving legally with car registered in your name. Unless you aren't a law abiding citizen driving with legal license and just murdered someone, then yeah let them run off to commit more crime.
Ah yes the old "If you have nothing to hide, just comply, citizen." So because someone doesn't want to be hassled for a victimless crime by someone who has the power (and authority) to kill them for saying "No.", they must be a criminal scumbag deserving of whatever happens to them? Maybe you folks don't understand that for a crime to be worthy of enforcing, there MUST be a victim. No victim, no crime. "Well they must be guilty of something else if they ran." Guilty of what? Wanting to live? What happened to "Innocent until proven guilty"?

OKgetdown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not that I think the police should be banned from chasing people, I just would like to see better decision making in the moment. Give them a chance to call it off without putting themselves in career jeopardy or anything. But adrenaline and ego (don't underestimate the role of ego in this) kick in and it's off to the races. I can get my head around this. But there are definitely times the chase should be called off when it isn't.

Unpopular opinion, but the police behave fairly recklessly a lot of the time. Not trying to disparage, just how I see it. It's a damn miracle the police aren't shooting and running each other over more. Let alone bystanders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom