Pursuits ending in citizens injured

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bad ones do exist. When a problem arises, deal with / unemploy them.
The real problem is when the good ones cover for the bad ones.

When LE changed from uniforms to military fatigue, attitudes dropped immediately and drastically.
So then, the "good ones" aren't so good? Covering up bad behavior is no better than the behavior itself.
It creates an atmosphere of unaccountability.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So then, the "good ones" aren't so good? Covering up bad behavior is no better than the behavior itself.
It creates an atmosphere of unaccountability.

The "good ones", management, Unions covering up, ignoring, fear of reprisal, possibly all of the above; same Dums shield each other, WE are on the short end.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not that I think the police should be banned from chasing people, I just would like to see better decision making in the moment. Give them a chance to call it off without putting themselves in career jeopardy or anything. But adrenaline and ego (don't underestimate the role of ego in this) kick in and it's off to the races. I can get my head around this. But there are definitely times the chase should be called off when it isn't.

Unpopular opinion, but the police behave fairly recklessly a lot of the time. Not trying to disparage, just how I see it. It's a damn miracle the police aren't shooting and running each other over more. Let alone bystanders.
I see a lot of cops driving while using their computers.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you on both comments there, especially their "special" teams it's just insane. When did it all of a sudden require a tank and 50 officers to deal with simple stuff 😆

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

Baby girl killed, two siblings injured after father abducted them and crashed his SUV during police pursuit​

VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - Authorities with the Virginia Beach Police Department confirmed that a 16-month-old girl was killed after her father allegedly abducted her and her two siblings, who were also injured, when he fled from police and crashed his car on a Maryland interstate highway.

According to NBC News, the incident began on Wednesday, August 14th, at approximately 8:48 p.m. when the Virginia Beach Police Department received a call regarding a stabbing in the 900 block of Jay Are Court. A press release said that responding officers discovered two female victims, one adult and one juvenile, with both of them suffering from multiple stab wounds.

The two female victims were transported to the hospital where they remain in stable condition. Police said that the stabbing incident was domestic related and the suspect has been identified as 36-year-old Dana Plummer. According to authorities, Plummer stabbed the two people before abducting his three children and fleeing the scene.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd wouldn't be surprised if 90 to 95 percent of runners have outstanding warrants or in a stolen vehicle. why would you run if in your own vehicle and get it tore up, but someone else's vehicle they don't care because no one has ever held them accountable for the things they do. I know this will upset people but I have always thought that the runner should be charged with attempted murder, especially if the go over 30 mph over posted speed limit, now with dash cams and body cams to show the person committing the crime, also no plea bargaining on this charge. also I'm no angel been stopped for traffic violations on numerous occasions but NEVER though about running that is just plain stupid, no excuses for running
It got to where I could count on someone running from me if I was only going to stop them for a tail light or headlight out. It was just ridiculous. Most people ran because they didn't have a valid DL. Most were suspended and should not have been driving anyway. That is it. I did my own version of terminating a pursuit if the traffic was too heavy. There was a police chief in Kansas who lost his family to a crash during a pursuit. That had always stuck in the back of my mind when I was chasing someone.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Baby girl killed, two siblings injured after father abducted them and crashed his SUV during police pursuit​

VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - Authorities with the Virginia Beach Police Department confirmed that a 16-month-old girl was killed after her father allegedly abducted her and her two siblings, who were also injured, when he fled from police and crashed his car on a Maryland interstate highway.

According to NBC News, the incident began on Wednesday, August 14th, at approximately 8:48 p.m. when the Virginia Beach Police Department received a call regarding a stabbing in the 900 block of Jay Are Court. A press release said that responding officers discovered two female victims, one adult and one juvenile, with both of them suffering from multiple stab wounds.

The two female victims were transported to the hospital where they remain in stable condition. Police said that the stabbing incident was domestic related and the suspect has been identified as 36-year-old Dana Plummer. According to authorities, Plummer stabbed the two people before abducting his three children and fleeing the scene.
This is a Perfect example of a crime with victims versus a Victimless crime the Leo decides to escalate to having victims involved.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's hard to say they don't abuse their position when it is continuously in even our location news, off duty reserve sheriff threatening someone with a gun while yelling he's a sheriff lmfao

Latest posts

Top Bottom