Pushmataha WMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWRhodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was drawn for a hunt there but never hunted it. I grew up hunting around Yourman WMA and the Veterans Colony. But just want to know Iif anyone has had any luck and where's the better places to go. Any information will help and thanks.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off all, I am surprised they are even allowing a draw hunt in Push Co., due to the extremely low deer numbers. There were only 18 bucks killed in the whole county during rifle, bow and ML season combined. I think they were the last 18 bucks in the county.

Best advice I can offer, is if you have never hunted it, come down and scout it before the morning of your hunt. It will be different than what you are used to hunting. Hardwood bottoms are good for groceries. Depending on when your hunt is, this can be a good place to be. Don't count on someone else telling you where the better places are, go out there and scout it for yourself.

SWRhodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just looked at last year's harvest totals by county and wma from the department website and the numbers are way more than 18 Pushmataha county and WMA. So I believe that my odds are going to be pretty good at seeing or even bagging a deer.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't believe everything you read. There has been study after study done to show that the ODWC inflates their harvest numbers, especially in SE Oklahoma, to reflect a growing number of deer. In reality, ask any local and they will tell you the same, the population is WAY down. They also say that there are bears down here, just to get people to pony up $100 for a license and shoot a "bear". Only thing that ever gets shot are a few pigs that some guy from the city thought was a bear. Same goes with elk. One guy glued some elk horns on a horse and set it loose and now we have an "elk population". Hell, some jackass posted a picture of an alligator and claimed it was found in SE Oklahoma, and we all know there are no alligators in Oklahoma. Nothing to see here... move along.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Don't believe everything you read. Their has been study after study done to show that the ODWC inflates their harvest numbers, especially in SE Oklahoma, to reflect a growing number of deer. In reality, ask any local and they will tell you the same, the population is WAY down. They also say that there are bears down here, just to get people to pony up $100 for a license and shoot a "bear". Only thing that ever gets shot are a few pigs that some guy from the city thought was a bear. Same goes with elk. One guy glued some elk horns on a horse and set it loose and now we have an "elk population". Hell, some jackass posted a picture of an alligator and claimed it was found in SE Oklahoma, and we all know there are no alligators in Oklahoma. Nothing to see here... move along.

You got that right, even on OSA!

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear tell that the remaining deer have blue toungue disease, no sense in coming. They will all be dead by October. Deer Festival will be canceled cause no deer. No sense in planting food plots, nope!! no need.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep you can always tell who has land to hunt in Push County! Don't come here, no deer, no big bucks, but I may agree... I hunted there for 2 days on youth hunt last year and saw no bucks, ton of does but no bucks, except for the one Scruffy found that somebody shot from the road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom